864 replies to this topic

#21 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    Serefino- Level 113 Ranger <-- Active, Bowmaster to be
    Masamunee- Level 92 White Knight <-- Inactive, Paladin to be
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

It's a good site, but I found about that site a LONG time ago. Still, it's nice for those who didn't know.

For more, go to www.ovguide.com and click on the Asian/Anime link. There's a lot of sites, including the Crunchy Roll site on there.

#22 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma
    Level 10 Gunslinger In Waiting

• Windia

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:10 AM

There is also Veoh.com

But you have to d/l the VeohTV to watch it.

I use veoh to watch bleach and shippuuden now cause they have been licensed on crunchyroll =(

#23 Loose

Loose

• Graphics Leader
  • 4,139 posts
  • Interests:Your face!

• Character Info:
    Loose, 122 STR Shadower
    Steelno, 104 Marauder

• Windia

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (smio @ Mar 23 2008, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Loose I remember Ranma 1/2 from the mangs from when I was younger. My brother used to have them so I would read them =D

Yeah... when I was younger, I didn't know what to think... "Should... should I like that chick? I mean, she does have boobs, but she's a guy... so... err... what?" I have then become much wiser and am very afraid of transvestites. And red-haired girls. And pandas.

The opening song sure is catchy, in Spanish. I like it a lot. : D

Also, the Dragonball opening. : D

And Dragonball Z.

Now I'm all nostalgic.

#24 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

OMG! that ranma opening brought some good memories!

...so nostalgic! ^-^

Japanese version please! =D

My favorite part is at 0:35 Akane's dance! ^-^

#25 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Those are some weird ass openings. I've seen the other Dragonball ones.

#26 Loose

Loose

• Graphics Leader
  • 4,139 posts
  • Interests:Your face!

• Character Info:
    Loose, 122 STR Shadower
    Steelno, 104 Marauder

• Windia

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (smio @ Mar 24 2008, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG! that ranma opening brought some good memories!

...so nostalgic! ^-^
Japanese version please! =D

My favorite part is at 0:35 Akane's dance! ^-^

Yeah, we also had that opening video at one time (I remember all of them running and the lil dance). I like the Mexican version better, singer seems to have more emotion.

#27 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

I dont rememebr any of those DBZ openings...

I remember this one o_O

#28 Chikiiro

Chikiiro
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,605 posts

• Character Info:
    I QUITED!!!!

Nexon is a hoe

• Bera

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:55 PM

Wow im on like episode.. 12 or 13 of Strawberry Panic.

AND ITS SO CHEESY AND WEIRD LOL. but good smile.gif
It's so randommmmmm, like how that Etoile chick just GOES around and kisses girls.
lmfao but when she fell on the cookies and crushed then i was like LOSER. SUCK. SUCK SUCK. Makes me laugh haha.

#29 Vann

Vann
  • Emerald Clan
  • 98 posts

• Character Info:
    TheVann - Lukless Fire/Poison Mage:7X

• Mardia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:12 AM

lol i grew up watching mexican translated anime too, specially knights of the zodiac... and some time ago i was watching it on cN and it appeared very homoerotic... ._.'

but nowadays my fav anime is probably fooly cooly...

#30 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Chikiiro @ Mar 25 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lmfao but when she fell on the cookies and crushed then i was like LOSER. SUCK. SUCK SUCK. Makes me laugh haha.

Lol yea! I kinda laughed to when she fell on then! XD

But in the end it was still sweet how Etoile still went and ate them! Such a touching moment! =)

#31 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:51 AM

Newly updated with another wonderful anime and also a special note for everyone! Enjoy ^-^

#32 Shame

Shame
  • Ruby Clan
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:History

• Character Info:
    PityThePoor - 39 DEXless Sin [Semi-Active]
    Imbosol - 45 Spearman [Non-Active]

• Mardia

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:24 AM

Thanks, tomorrow I may have to try some of those out.

Currently, I've watched:

Girls Bravo (Well, technically I watched one episode because a friend said it was cool. Not my style..)
Love Hina (Once again, my perverted friend recommended. Watched up until episode 8)
Dragonball (And all following sequels, including GT..)
Gundam Wing

Thinking of watching School Days (For Veoh you do not need to download VeohTV to watch some of the Anime)

#33 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:42 AM

Girls Bravo I've wanted to read. Sounds very... Good wink.gif
The most recent anime I've watched was Suzuka, because the manga interested me so very much. It was decent, I suppose... Really though, it lacked music. There were a lot of silent scenes without any background music or sounds. Also, there were a lot of filler images. Like things extended or drawn out a few seconds too long just to fill the 22 minute requirement. If you enjoy reading manga, I'd highly suggest you read that instead of watching it though.
Ones I'm interested in watching in the near future (i.e. whenever I get off my lazy ass and find the time to)
Devil May Cry
Gundam 00
Sola
I'll add more if I remember others. I just recall hearing Sola was good. Read the first few chapters and I think it has amazing potential. Something about vampires. Though the plot is still obscure to me since it was only five chapters, I believe.

Anyways... Did I mention <3 Asuka? Well, <3 Asuka

#34 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:57 AM

Wow! Sola and girls bravo are licensed on crunchy roll. I so have to watch it on veoh! they sound interesting! Thanks guys ^-^

#35 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

Sola:
Yorito is a high school student who likes to take photographs of the sky. A chance meeting introduces him to Matsuri, but she is no ordinary girl—it turns out that she’s actually a 350 year-old Yaka, an immortal being that cannot go out into the light! As such, Matsuri has been forced to live a life of solitude, and Yorito is the first friend she’s ever had.

But there is much more to the Yaka than first meets the eye, and a sword-wielding man named Takeshi seems intent on harming Matsuri, but for what reason?

Now thrust into a supernatural battle, will Yorito have the courage to protect their friendship for Matsuri’s sake?

[From Broccoli Books]

Er. Maybe not vampires. Whatever a Yaka is...
God, I want to read the rest so bad >.<

Girls Bravo:
From Tokyopop:
Yukinari Sasaki is an average high school boy who has female-phobia...and an allergic reaction when girls touch him. One day, he falls through his tub to a bath to an alien planet called “Siren” where the population is 90% female. There he meets the sweet Miharu, who he can touch with breaking out into a rash! When the pair returns to earth, they’re joined by a wacky collection of friends and enemies who make every day one of laughter, life lessons, and fan service!

I've heard the anime for Girls Bravo covers the beginning and ending of what the manga does (10 volumes) in two seasons (very well). So I might watch that too. It looks like a very fun time =)

#36 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:00 AM

Ok just got through watching sola.

Its a good story and all but the ending was VERY lacking. Kinda like the ending of Eureka7 if you know what i mean x_X

#37 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:27 AM

=/ How long is Sola?
I just watched the first episode of Girls Bravo. It was hilarious. So much blood XD I love the background music too. Makes me want to bust out my flute and try playing. dry.gif Too bad I can't find any sheet music for it at all.

Here's a good site, but I think all it does is organize videos it finds from Veoh and then streams them. Anyways, it's a lot easier than searching on Veoh for something specific, though its list isn't exactly very long.
http://www.animestream.net/

I'm trying to find episodes of Hayate no Gotoku right now too.
From Musashi Quality:
Ayasaki Hayate is only 16 years old when he’s abandoned, leaving him to fend for himself against the yakuza, who are after his organs to settle his parents’ massive gambling debt.

Looking for a way to somehow acquire 157 million yen before he is cut up by gangsters, he stumbles upon a rich girl whom he can kidnap and ransom. The only problem: he’s a terrible criminal, and ends up saving her life from other would-be kidnappers and apparently confesses his love for her.

In order to work off his debt, the girl, Nagi (who is convinced that Hayate is in love with her), and her maid Maria (who knows otherwise), allow him to work as a butler at their mansion. Hayate’s tenure as a butler is not easy, however, and is filled with talking tigers, homicidal robots, jealous relatives, and overarchingly, hilarity.

Licensed though on Crunchyroll and not on Veoh. So I have to download torrents. But I loved the manga, so I'm hoping the anime will be great too. It's great. Just finished episode 1. You have to watch it. So hilarious XD
Hayate: Santa, why don't I get presents on Christmas?
Santa: Because you're poor. MUAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by JoeTang, 30 March 2008 - 10:33 AM.

#38 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:06 PM

Sola was 13 episodes long.

Ima hit up giirls bravo tomaro =D

#39 .Fuzzy

.Fuzzy
  • Emerald Clan
  • 115 posts

• Windia

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:15 AM

I thought Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, and Blood+ were pretty good.

#40 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

8/13 for Girls Bravo Second Season. Disappointed with the progress made thus far, but I guess I shouldn't have expected much from this type of story. The second season seems to have... Less censorship. God, I hate Fukuyama so much. Kazuharu, that is. Risa is hot.
The site I posted earlier redirects the videos for this to "This video has been removed or is not available in your region." So I have to go to Veoh directly to find what I want. The site loads very slowly and crappily for me due to my connection and such, and then the videos seem to load slowly or quickly at random... So I ended up spending the past two nights drawing in between loading the episodes and waiting for Hayate to finish downloading. -__-' Maybe I'll have something to show for at the end of the week.

Anyways, I'm much more enjoying Hayate no Gotoku =) Episode 31/49(released). But what a tear in my bandwidth. 5GB in three days. You definitely have to pick this one up. One of the best comedies I've read and watched in a long time. I love the first opening song too. Some of the jokes might be difficult to understand, but if you know a bit about Japanese pop culture (namely anime, manga, video games, and a bit of music...Well, there's references to crap all over the place, actually), you could probably get it. It's too bad the subbers don't put notes for the references like scanlators do. Season two started yesterday, actually, so hopefully, that turns out good happy.gif hmm the manga is at such a suspenseful moment too! Can't wait to read more >.<

<3 Hinagiku <3

Maybe I'll draw her next...

Well, I've been thinking of watching Zero no Tsukaima next. Been wanting to read it for ages too, but the scans aren't very... far. Just wanted to make the note for myself so I remember and don't go back on my word.

Edited by JoeTang, 02 April 2008 - 02:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users