• Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:08 AM

Actually, April - Flame of Recca is a decent anime. Search it up. It's quite cool

Joe...

Gundam 00 is weiiiiiiiiird.Is it me, or are all the pilots mentally unstable?

#83 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:17 AM

They're mentally unstable. Lockon is the most normal one. At least, in my opinion. Though it's annoying that he says "I'm gonna snipe you" like 5 times an episode. Just keep watching. You haven't seen mentally unstable yet, actually.

#84 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:

• Bera

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:13 AM

Ehh...They're all mentally unstable enough from where I am. Allelujah's a split personality and cries if Hallelujah's a sadist, and that...Tierria dude's ..just whack.

I haven't really seen Setsuna go crazy yet, and Lockon just loves "boom headshot".

EDIT: I finished watching it. I'm crying on the inside. I won't believe the ending happened. No way. They can't end it like that. T-T

Edited by SoullessFire, 12 April 2008 - 08:23 PM.

#85 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

Yes, 00 was the saddest thing ever. Not enough tears to express my sadness.
What'd you think of the music (OPs and EDs)? Just watch the Ending Song #2 and read it with the pictures they have, it just strikes you hard.

Anyways.
I watched Zero no Tsukaima Season 1 and 2. Wasn't too impressed but it had a lot of good points. Just really repetitive with Louise being so tsundere. It was quite touching, but I think I would rather read the book. It's a shame the translation isn't complete, otherwise I would.

I also started watching two new series out this month;
To-Love-Ru and Kanokon. I've read To-Love-Ru up to the most recent chapter, and Kanokon is being scanlated slowly, but I enjoy both of them. The anime, on the other hand, has the most ecchi I have ever seen without being hentai. Funny moments, but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like the originals or a lot of ecchiness.

QUOTE (To-Love-Ru-)
From KEFI:

Rito is a high-school boy who just can't confess to the girl of his dreams, Haruna-chan. One day when coming home and sulking in the bath-tub a mysterious, and barely clothed girl, appears out of nowhere. Her name is Lala and she comes from another planet...

Just as a note, the series name, とらぶる, is read toraburu, which can be read as "To-Love-Ru" which is the series name, but also has the pun of being read as "trouble".
QUOTE (Kanokon)
From Seven Seas:
On the very first day that innocent country boy, Oyamada Kouta, transfers to a city high school, the prettiest girl in school asks him to meet her alone. They meet in the music room, all alone. Her shining hair and entreating eyes! Her flushed cheeks! Her sweet lips! Her...fox tail?!!

Who is this mysterious and alluring girl and just what does she want with unsuspecting Kouta?

Quite a funny story here too. Really awesome artwork.

To be honest, both the originals had a lot of ecchi, but definitely nowhere near as obscene as the anime have.
QUOTE (Rosario+Vampire)
By a bizzare coincidence, Tsukune Aono has accidentally gotten himself admitted to a youkai academy, a school attended by monsters (youkai). Just when he thinks he'll run away from there, he meets the beautiful girl Moka and his mood turns ultra happy. However, she transforms into her true form when the rosary on her chest is taken off--she's a super vampire!

I'm planning to watch Rosario + Vampire in the future (there's 2 episodes out right now I think), but I want to read it first (35 chapters out, almost completely scanlated) but I don't have the time to marathon through the entire series quite yet. I've heard that it is a really good supernatural romantic comedy. All the above are romantic comedies, by the way.

#86 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:

• Bera

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Ending song 2 brought me to TEARS after episode 23. Seriously...00 just...wow. I thought they would've changed it. I liked opening 2 a bit, but the first one didn't really click. I can't believe *******************************************

T_T

#87 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

The first song was so-so. Not a big fan of L'Arc-En-Ceil's style. The lyrics really kept in tune with it though. What I really liked was how they used the GN particles to look like tears coming off the Gundam's eyes (can't tell if it's O or Exia) in OP1, and the distinct sakura shape in OP2.

#88 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:

• Bera

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:37 PM

The High-Def animation made it really good too. The GN Particles looked amazingly cool.

Edited by SoullessFire, 16 April 2008 - 11:38 PM.

#89 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma
    Level 10 Gunslinger In Waiting

• Windia

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:34 AM

Lol coincedentaly enough, joe, To-Love-ru is the next series ima watch once i finish My wife is a high school girl!

Ill let ya know how i think of it =D

....ugh, just looked into them, they arent complete yet x_X

O well! back to mywife is a high school girl xD

Edited by smio, 17 April 2008 - 05:40 AM.

#90 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:50 AM

Right now, I am trying to watch 5 Centimeters Per Second, but the quality is too high for my computer to play. It sounds like one of those tear jerking, bitter sweet, lost romances, from what I read. It's a movie that was released on Mar. 3 '07. Augh. I am nearly at tears from frustration trying to get it to play. It's so depressing.

Damn though, I love the metaphor behind the title.
The title 5 Centimeters Per Second comes from the speed at which cherry blossoms petals fall, petals being a metaphorical representation of humans, reminiscent of the slowness of life and how people often start together but slowly drift into their separate ways.

It's so... Melancholy. Now, to allocate enough disk space to convert this video... I'll let you guys know how it turns out tomorrow I guess if it works. Otherwise, I'm likely to strangle someone out of frustration.

Wow, I just read about the director. Seems he came up with the story and directed the OVA for Hoshi no Koe//Voices of a Distant Star, one of the best bitter-sweet romances I have ever read. I'll have to watch that too as well as his other movie down there.

#91 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

Keep me updated ok joe! ima sucker for tear jerking romance! =D

#92 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:16 AM

I am heartbroken. That was one of the most beautiful lost love stories I have ever seen. I just... *cries*
I'll... write more when I'm better composed.

Okay, I'm sorry. I don't want to say too much because that would just ruin the thing completely. Just that you would have to be emotionally devoid for this to not move you. I am seriously heartbroken after watching this. Everything was just so beautifully done... And... Wow... I'm going to go cry more now. I'm not kidding.

The artwork was at its best. The music was extraordinary. It was just a normal story with no needed special effects or irrelevant drama. Just everyday life, and that's what hits you the hardest. Have some scotch tape and tissues by your side. And pay attention.

Oh God, even the sound track brings me to tears.

Edited by JoeTang, 18 April 2008 - 01:27 AM.

#93 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:

• Bera

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

Link me the dl for the anime Joe. I wanna be depressed even further.

#94 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:10 AM

Watched Hoshi no Koe just now too. Disappointing. I wouldn't recommend it. Instead, read the manga. It's much more clear, and depicts the story, emotions, and concept much better. I just need a few more megabytes on my hard drive so I can start downloading The Place Promised to us in Our Early Days. By the same director so I expect it to be good. And it's more recent than Hoshi no Koe so everything should be better quality.
Ai Yori Aoshi is something I want to watch, but I have no idea where to find it. It's licensed from what I recall.
QUOTE (Ai Yori Aoshi)
From Tokyopop:
Despite her family's protests, Aoi Sakuraba decides that she is going to marry Kaoru Hanabishi, her love of eighteen years. Once he realizes that her intentions are genuine - and that she's not just trying to get him to reconcile with his estranged (and domineering) family - he begins to definitely warm up to the idea, too. What obstacles must the two overcome in order to be together?

I've read 10 volumes of it (which covers more than the anime, except there was a second season I believe that took a different ending) and I absolutely loved the story. I'll have to go to some book store to finish the rest though.

#95 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:

• Bera

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (JoeTang @ Apr 17 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am heartbroken. That was one of the most beautiful lost love stories I have ever seen. I just... *cries*
I'll... write more when I'm better composed.

Okay, I'm sorry. I don't want to say too much because that would just ruin the thing completely. Just that you would have to be emotionally devoid for this to not move you. I am seriously heartbroken after watching this. Everything was just so beautifully done... And... Wow... I'm going to go cry more now. I'm not kidding.

The artwork was at its best. The music was extraordinary. It was just a normal story with no needed special effects or irrelevant drama. Just everyday life, and that's what hits you the hardest. Have some scotch tape and tissues by your side. And pay attention.

Oh God, even the sound track brings me to tears.

Yeah. I just watched it. I can't think of anything that's moved me so much since...3rd Grade. I was like...Dude, what the hell at the ending. Seriously. I couldn't believe it ended like that.

This isn't Gundam 00 ending like, Gundam 00 ending was just more violence. This is extreme...sadness. I couldn't believe my eyes.

#96 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:03 AM

The final scenes synced with the song are bullets aimed at your heart.

#97 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:

• Bera

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:40 AM

More like bullets in the shape of daggers. dry.gif

#98 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:50 AM

They're still aimed at your heart in any case.

In other news. Damn, April's new sig is hot.

#99 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:33 AM

Thank you! I worked hard on it! =D