• Character Info:
    KindIer - Lv 138 bowmaster
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (AsSaSsIn0 @ Jun 9 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2) ODIN IS GAY

Nate, all private servers are the same except for the GMs, players, and events...

#42 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (AsSaSsIn0 @ Jun 9 2008, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) dont ever call me nath again...

2) ODIN IS GAY

Lina, I'm sorry, but I think Nathan could have a little more self control, and think before he speaks. I do what I see I have the power to do, which is why I reprimanded and flamed him.

Adding on her comment, I think you totally missed the point of Scott's post there, Nathan.

#43 ArcaneWolf

ArcaneWolf
  • Ruby Clan
  • 2,727 posts

• None

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (AsSaSsIn0 @ Jun 9 2008, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2) ODIN IS GAY

Apparently you I have no idea what your talking about. There are to Major Codes in PServers. 1 And most common is the Odin Source, most servers use this. 2 is the Titan Source, much more customizable, but a lot more laggy/crash prone. About 80% Of Pservers use the Odin since they released there code about a month ago. So by calling it gay, you contradict yourself.

#44 Analogué

Analogué

And whatever time the deed took place... SUZ WAS NEVER THERE!

• Retired Admin
  • 6,191 posts

• Character Info:
    Ennazus L148 Blood Bishop
    Anaiogue L133 Corsair
    Xanthon L62 Hunter
    Rhyso L44 Assassin
    Osyhr L35 Spearman
    Dnalgne L21 KOC (BW)

• Windia

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Taliant @ Jun 9 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alrighty, Just figured I'd mention that the link partner, Maplecomm, permits private server discussion, just as long as there is no demoting of servers (whether it be private server or GMS or JMS...etc etc)

If that site is no longer a link partner (or possibly misunderstood what you meant), feel free to edit this out then. :x

I think MapleComm is still fine, they're entitled to have their own policies. I mean, it's not like they ARE a PS right? I'm a little confused, what do you mean by "just as long as there is no demoting of servers"? That no one can talk negatively about PS, GMS or JMS at all?

QUOTE (AsSaSsIn0 @ Jun 9 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2) ODIN IS GAY

Nathan, Lord Poo did you the courtesy of sticking up for you earlier in this thread. When I read that, I was impressed by the level of her maturity and I thought that she taught everyone a valuable lesson in respecting others on this board.

However, your attitude here stinks worse than a decaying corpse (er, I'm watching CSI atm). Is there much point in Lord Poo even sticking up for you if you behave like this? If you continue taking that tone with people, forget warns. I will suspend you.

To everyone else: lay off Nathan now tongue.gif I think the point has been said enough times smile.gif

#45 ArcaneWolf

ArcaneWolf
  • Ruby Clan
  • 2,727 posts

• None

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Analogué @ Jun 9 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To everyone else: lay off Nathan now tongue.gif I think the point has been said enough times smile.gif

If you say so Suz. I doubt I would be able to talk so I'll do like the old saying and say nothing at all.

#46 Taliant

Taliant

Leader of the Non-Existent Clan

• 639 posts
  • Interests:Maple-Radio.com, DJing, videogames,

• Character Info:
    Khaini:
    Taliant - Lv 7x Priest
    Chamoru - L4x STR-less Hunter

Windia:
    Poiiyanna - 12x Corsair
    GodOfRomance - 5x Fire Wizard
    TiruMikami - 4x Brawler

• Khaini

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Analogué @ Jun 9 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think MapleComm is still fine, they're entitled to have their own policies. I mean, it's not like they ARE a PS right? I'm a little confused, what do you mean by "just as long as there is no demoting of servers"? That no one can talk negatively about PS, GMS or JMS at all?

Maplecomm is simply a Maplestory community on LiveJournal, where all discussions related to Maplestory (any sort of maple story) or the community itself (the people in it for example, or how things are going in the community) are allowed. It's not dedicated to any specific part of maplestory, just the game in itself. There are topics talking about GMS, private servers, JMS, everything. tongue.gif

By demoting, I meant as long as people don't go, "WOW GMS SUCKS, JOIN x SERVER INSTEAD" or vice versa. There were some debates about private servers not too long ago, which resulted in this ruling. They also made "side communities" that dediate to servers themself, but it's not mandatory to go there to talk about a specific server.

#47 Sparke

Sparke
  • Diamond Clan
  • 2,507 posts

• Character Info:
    LEVEL [9000442 x 10^903990] Jesus

Oh yeah, I play to much.

You didn't even KNOW there was a Jesus class, did'ja?

• None

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:41 AM

I know I'm a bit late on this but-

Odin's source
(Coded in Java)- From what I've played, it seems that this is the greater base source, but it's harder to customize.
TitanMS's source(Coded in C++)- Much more customizable. And from my opinion, C++ is a lot easier to learn than Java. Plus, this doesn't require as much RAM to run. This source also can't handle as many players as Odin's can, because it tends to crash a lot. I can't even play any Private servers with this source because it crashes my computer. I don't really know why. Maybe it's from the Java..I don't really know.

With the TitanMS source, the base isn't really that great, and unless your a pro at C++, or get a good repack, not very good to use.

With Odin's source, it seems to run really well with it's self without a repack. A lot of stuff works in the Base pack. But lacks customization.

I'm such a horrible writer. Stuff makes sense in my head, but when I read it over when I'm done it doesn't sound that good. Plus my grammar is kinda bad.

#48 ArcaneWolf

ArcaneWolf
  • Ruby Clan
  • 2,727 posts

• None

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (FlapJack @ Jun 9 2008, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I'm a bit late on this but-

Odin's source
(Coded in Java)- From what I've played, it seems that this is the greater base source, but it's harder to customize.
TitanMS's source(Coded in C++)- Much more customizable. And from my opinion, C++ is a lot easier to learn than Java. Plus, this doesn't require as much RAM to run. This source also can't handle as many players as Odin's can, because it tends to crash a lot. I can't even play any Private servers with this source because it crashes my computer. I don't really know why. Maybe it's from the Java..I don't really know.

With the TitanMS source, the base isn't really that great, and unless your a pro at C++, or get a good repack, not very good to use.

With Odin's source, it seems to run really well with it's self without a repack. A lot of stuff works in the Base pack. But lacks customization.

I'm such a horrible writer. Stuff makes sense in my head, but when I read it over when I'm done it doesn't sound that good. Plus my grammar is kinda bad.

you could have just quoted what I said biggrin.gif

#49 Sparke

Sparke
  • Diamond Clan
  • 2,507 posts

• Character Info:

Oh yeah, I play to much.

• None

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (WolfArrowxXx @ Jun 10 2008, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you could have just quoted what I said biggrin.gif

Lol, I didn't read it. That or I didn't really take it in at all.

#50 Analogué

Analogué

• Retired Admin
  • 6,191 posts

• Character Info:
    Anaiogue L133 Corsair
    Xanthon L62 Hunter
    Rhyso L44 Assassin
    Osyhr L35 Spearman
    Dnalgne L21 KOC (BW)

• Windia

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Taliant @ Jun 10 2008, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maplecomm is simply a Maplestory community on LiveJournal, where all discussions related to Maplestory (any sort of maple story) or the community itself (the people in it for example, or how things are going in the community) are allowed. It's not dedicated to any specific part of maplestory, just the game in itself. There are topics talking about GMS, private servers, JMS, everything. tongue.gif

By demoting, I meant as long as people don't go, "WOW GMS SUCKS, JOIN x SERVER INSTEAD" or vice versa. There were some debates about private servers not too long ago, which resulted in this ruling. They also made "side communities" that dediate to servers themself, but it's not mandatory to go there to talk about a specific server.

It doesn't sound like it should be a problem to carry on associating ourselves with them then tongue.gif

#51 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma
    Level 10 Gunslinger In Waiting

• Windia

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Analogué @ Jun 6 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To Conclude:
[*]You may not discuss private servers.
[*]You may not name private servers.

Sorry I just thougth this was kinda funny XD

According to the rules....You all should be banned by now! tongue.gif

Edited by smio, 14 June 2008 - 08:29 AM.

#52 Analogué

Analogué

• Retired Admin
  • 6,191 posts

• Character Info:
    Anaiogue L133 Corsair
    Xanthon L62 Hunter
    Rhyso L44 Assassin
    Osyhr L35 Spearman
    Dnalgne L21 KOC (BW)

• Windia

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

This thread is exempt tongue.gif

#53 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma
    Level 10 Gunslinger In Waiting

• Windia

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:21 AM

OMG! ADMIN ABUSE! IM TELLING AN ADMIN ON YOU! XD

#54 Sparke

Sparke
  • Diamond Clan
  • 2,507 posts

• Character Info:

Oh yeah, I play to much.

• None

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

Smio makes me want to cry when she yells.

Pl0x no yelling.=(

#55 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:55 AM

Suzanne, I think we should write that moderators and admins are allowed to bring up this subject freely, as long as they don't abuse it. And, if a member wants to chat about a Pserver or maybe our policy about Pservers, it must be done here?

#56 Analogué

Analogué

• Retired Admin
  • 6,191 posts

• Character Info:
    Anaiogue L133 Corsair
    Xanthon L62 Hunter
    Rhyso L44 Assassin
    Osyhr L35 Spearman
    Dnalgne L21 KOC (BW)

• Windia

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (SoullessFire @ Jun 15 2008, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suzanne, I think we should write that moderators and admins are allowed to bring up this subject freely, as long as they don't abuse it. And, if a member wants to chat about a Pserver or maybe our policy about Pservers, it must be done here?

Well I don't see why a moderator would want to bring it up, unless responding to someone who's already mentioned it- in which case the moderator is just moderating and doing their job tongue.gif In any case, there IS staff area you know? tongue.gif

And the point of having this policy is so that people DON'T talk about it, even in this topic tongue.gif I assume that eventually this topic will fizzle out!

#57 Nathan

Nathan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 4,097 posts

• None

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:52 PM

I'm pretty much done with pservers...Me and Jason are starting up GMS again smile.gif Add Us... HiredSpear.

#58 FlameChocobo

FlameChocobo
  • Ruby Clan
  • 373 posts

• Character Info:
    FlameChocobo 3 - Level 48 Spearman

• None

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

I still play GMS, because of those "OMFG PRIVATE SERVER @@@@@@" guests MapleTip has, and how illegal private servers are (I did not realize that). It's really sad that people decide to quit GMS, because of how slow the leveling is, and how bad the community is. (Kill Stealers, Scammers, Hackers, Smugglers, Mass Defamers, Mindless Children, etc.) Nexon has been given an F on Company Report, because they do a bad job.

Like let's say we want Showa Town for an example. The next patch is v40. Nexon decides to release New Leaf City. We blew it. Next patch is version 41, hoping for Showa Town. They give us Mu Lung and Herb Town, and I thought those where such horrible towns, but now they become good. Nexon decides to do a commercial so that children at age 10 to 12 can play (Which is sad, Great Going Nexon). At patch v44, Nexon decides to give us a Haunted Mansion for Halloween. That doesn't sound bad, but they decide to keep it as more of Masteria, which made me angry. Still no Showa Town. 10 patches later, Nexon has finally given us Showa Town, except that it's censored. People get disappointed in Nexon (Thanks to Jack Thompson!)

http://www.labbb.org...anyID=100061928

#59 Nathan

Nathan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 4,097 posts

• None

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

Ok well it turns out that my friend called me today and says that somewhere on Basil it was saying that Nexon is suing OdinMS for a TON of money!!

I have no clue if this is true though.

But anyway!!!

IM DONE WITH PSERVERS...YES DONE!! I have quit them! I gave my account to my friend...So add me in Windia: ROUGEKARL

Edited by AsSaSsIn0, 17 June 2008 - 12:00 AM.

#60 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (AsSaSsIn0 @ Jun 16 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok well it turns out that my friend called me today and says that somewhere on Basil it was saying that Nexon is suing OdinMS for a TON of money!!

I'd be very surprised if that information was correct, judging from the fact that it came from Basilmarket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users