#1 Sunscorch

Sunscorch

Curator of Mysteries

• Retired Admin
  • 1,857 posts

• Windia

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

What are Clans?

Clans are an intergral part of our promotions system. After a short stint as a member you may apply to become a Clan member, and you gain a new member tag, and two whole new forum areas in which to post. You can take part in Clan competitions, and earn Clan Points for your efforts.

----------

How do I join a Clan?

Post a thread in the Clan Sorting forum, using the application in this thread. When looked at by a staff member, it will be moved into a hidden forum where existing clan members can vote on it.

----------

How am I sorted into a Clan?

Every member is sorted into one of the following Clans based on their attributes. Diamonds are loyal, rational, but rather cold. Emeralds are devoted, wise, but vengeful. Rubies are passonate, impulsive, but reckless. And Sapphires are sharp-witted, curious, but often divided. The sorting is done by all the existing members of all the Clans, and no element of your own choice is involved, I'm afraid.

----------

How can I earn Points for my Clan?

There are many ways to earn Points for your team. One of the most obvious, and important, ways is through entering our competitions. You will most often get points just for entering, although the number will be small in comparison to the riches won the champion of the contest. In this way, you may also win a Meso grand prize. Secondary to that, we have guides and tutorials sections, the system for each is found here and here respectively. In short though, your tutorial is assigned to a tier of quality, and Points are dealt out according to that. Note that it is possible to improve your guide, and thus earn more Points if it moves to the next tier. Further to these two ways, you can fulfill graphics requests, and earn a small number of Points that way. Also, advertising will earn you Clan Points, for as long as the Pimp MapleTowers competition is still running. Explanation of the Rules can also be found in that link. Finally, you can earn clan points by voting on other rounds of Clan applications.

----------

Can I switch Clans?

Switching between Clans is not at all encouraged. If you're having a problem with your Clan mates, please bring it up with your Clan Leader, or an admin. It's better to solve a problem, after all, than run away from it - and leaving a Clan may make your former Clan mates upset at you, which could affect your entire MapleTowers experience. HOWEVER, MapleTowers and the Clan system is meant to be, primarily, a FUN thing for people to do. If you aren't having fun in your Clan, or think you just don't belong, you can contact an admin to be put into another Clan. You are only allowed to switch after you've been in your current Clan for one month - so if you were Sorted into a Clan you didn't want, give them a chance, eh? You may be pleasantly surprised. smile.gif

If you know which Clan you wish to move to, the admin will ask both your current and future Clan Leaders for their permission. While only your future Clan Leader needs to agree to the move, as stated before, leaving on bad terms with your current Leader is undesirable, so if there is any issue, it would be better to see if they cannot resolve it first.

If the Leader of the Clan you wish to move to refuses, you will not be allowed to switch. You can try for another Clan, if you like, but if no one agrees, you cannot switch.

#2 Lindsay

Lindsay

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

• Administrator
  • 2,973 posts

• Character Info:
    Liddasee - 3x Spearman

• Windia

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:23 AM

Updated the information on Clan switching.

#3 Sunscorch

Sunscorch

Curator of Mysteries

• Retired Admin
  • 1,857 posts

• Windia

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

I so don't remember writing any of that...

#4 Analogué

Analogué

And whatever time the deed took place... SUZ WAS NEVER THERE!

• Retired Admin
  • 6,191 posts

• Character Info:
    Ennazus L148 Blood Bishop
    Anaiogue L133 Corsair
    Xanthon L62 Hunter
    Rhyso L44 Assassin
    Osyhr L35 Spearman
    Dnalgne L21 KOC (BW)

• Windia

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:39 PM

and I don't recall ever reading that tongue.gif

#5 Newman

Newman
  • Diamond Clan
  • 414 posts

• Scania

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

i recall reading it cuz i just did biggrin.gif

#6 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Try not to revive old conversations, Newman. Check the date of the latest post to be sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users