• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

In light of the coming of Cygnus, I have prepared as such;

08/22/09
Version 1.21 is here!
MapleStory Calculator v1.21 Download
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to run.

Should the download link ever result in a Private File error, please note that the file you are attempting to access is most likely outdated, and you should review this thread for a fresh link. If there is none, please leave a message and I will look into the issue.

Here, we have the MapleStory Calculator, Version 1.21;
In Version 1.21, the following bugs from Version 1.10 have been corrected (hopefully):
  • Pirate Damage
  • FA Damage
  • Some Attack Speeds
  • Equipment Input now includes a scrolling feature
  • Monster defense
  • Corsair Damage with Elemental Amplification is incorrect.
  • Night Lord and Night Walker max damage with Shadow Partner is incorrect.
  • Sudden Attack is not enabled.
  • Soul Master Brandish levels 21~30 are too high.
  • Viper Stun Mastery is adds 100% extra.
  • Soul Master's Panic and Coma have max level of 30 instead of 20.

The following changes that are not bug corrections have been implemented as well:
  • Cygnus
  • Saving is now more stream-lined; All old saves will not work, so please keep this in mind.
  • DPS Display
  • %/s damage display for "poisoning" skills. Poison Sling was not included, if you want to know this, just switch to Magician and check the amount for Poison skills.
  • New skill ranges and skill data
  • Modified M.ATK Display; When Bonus or Equips is selected, M.ATK will be summed from total INT; any extra M.ATK from Equips may be added in their respective boxes

Please submit suggestions to things to change, or areas where you experience lag so I may improve this version.

1.20Click here to read!

[Close]

As you can see, it is a very detailed program. Most of it should be self-explanatory, but I'll explain it anyways.
Should your buttons and such not appear to fit, please switch to Windows XP Style Theme or Windows XP.

As you can see with the screen shot above, when the Total button is selected, you observe only five text boxes, STR, DEX, LUK, WA, and Level. Selecting Bonus will allow you to insert your base stats (for reference purposes, namely) and then a second box beside it will be available to insert your +stat bonuses as you see fit. But that's not all, when Equip is selected, you will be able to manually set the individual stat bonuses for each piece of equipment you have. The arrows in the top right corner of the stat box allow you to shift through to more equip names.

Find WA allows you to insert a maximum (or minimum) damage value and it will find how much WA, approximately, is required to reach that value with the given stats.

Mastery, Maple Hero, Sharp Eyes, are all common buffs that are applicable to any character. If you select a 1H-Sword and Increase Mastery while a Bowmaster is selected, however, the minimum damage will still go up. There's no real point in doing this, and there's no real point in preventing this from happening so I've left it as is. Maple Hero will only affect your base stats, which is where defining the difference between Total and Bonus may be important to damage calculations.

Accuracy is the total base accuracy given from your stats shown. Accuracy is not the same for all classes. Warriors will not have the same Accuracy as Bowmen, Thieves, or Pirates with the same stats.

Stat Ratio is how much of ___ you require to equal 1 WA.

Weapons are selectable on the left. Classes are selectable from the Tabs labeled as such. Specific Jobs are selectable within. Skills are listed in the drop down box. The "Add" button you see adds the current skills total damage to the "Compare" boxes on the right for easy viewing and comparison to other skills. The selected skills also carry on to the Range form, which will be discussed later.

File -> New clears the stat text boxes.
File -> Names allows you to set the skill names to region specifics; i.e. default, GMS, KMS, SEA.
File -> Open allows you to open ".mcf" files. I'll explain more in detail later.
File -> Save allows you to save an ".mcf" file.
File -> Text allows you to save your file in text format for simple viewing.
File -> Exit closes the program.

An .mcf file is a simple formatted file that saves the preset information you've inserted so you can easily reload it at a later time instead of manually inserting every stat each time. It may still have some bugs though, as I hardly ever deal with it.

Saving to Text allows you to view all your information in a neat package instead of having to view it on the program.
OutputClick here to read!
CODE
MapleStory Calculator Text Output
===================================
      Written By: Joe Tang
For Any Questions, Please Visit
   http://www.mapletowers.com/
Best Viewed In NotePad With Fonts
Courier, Courier New, Lucida Console
  or Any Other Fixed-Width Font

TOTAL STATS
Total STR: 4
Total DEX: 4
Total LUK: 4
Total WA: 0
Total ACC: 0

Mastery Level: 0
Maple Hero Level: 0
Sharp Eyes Level: 0
Weapon:
  Bow
Damage Range:
0  ~ 0
Average Damage:

Job:
Bowman -> Hunter -> Ranger -> Bow Master
Skill Name: Skills
Skill Level: 1
Attacks Per Minute: 1
ms Per Attack: 0
Critical Shot Level: 0
Final Attack Level: 0
Final Attacks Per Minute: 1
Expertise Level: 0
Skill Damage Range:
0 ~ 0
Average Skill Damage:
Mob Size: 1
Damage per Minute:
0 ~ 0
Average Damage per Minute:

End of File
For Any Questions, Please Register At
And Make a Post Here:
http://www.mapletowers.com/index.php?showtopic=2959
PM Me Here:
http://www.mapletowers.com/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=4&MID=884
Or E-Mail Me Here:
joejtang@hotmail.com

[Close]

Attack Speed -> ## Allows you to select a weapon speed. Any weapon speed is selectable for any weapon; however, not all weapons have attack speeds available for every speed type, thus selecting Slower 8 for a Bow will not show an attack speed information, instead setting the default of 1 Attack per minute, or 60000ms per attack.

Range:
RangeClick here to read!

[Close]
In this form, you can select skills and their levels to compare the area of effect they have. Any skill like Arrow Bomb, where the area of effect occurs at the point of impact shows the box around your character itself instead, centered with the impact spot on the character.
Any skills such as Dragon Pulse or Triple Fire that have no real "height" to them that is easily determinable, they merely have heights to show their actual distance. No one wants to stare down a 1 pixel line.
Of noteworthy mention is that Band of Thieves has two entries; Band of Thieves, and Band of Thieves Activation. For those of you who do not know, Band of Thieves was given a set activation range, as opposed to its old activation where the dagger swing would have to contact. The new version should be a hit within the set range instead.
Also to note is that Shark Wave reaches fairly far off screen, and that couldn't be depicted. I'll consider some ideas as to how this should be fixed soon.

Under the menu, you can select the direction you're facing, as well as the character's appearance (currently only two characters are available).

Being the lazy pineapple that I am, there may be errors present at the current time. If they could be reported to me, I will fix them as soon as possible. Thank you.

If there's anything I left out that you want to know, let me know and I'll put it up.
If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
Bugs and Errors List:
  • N/A

Also, I would like to apologise to those of you who were hoping for a Lite version like last time. I did not bother making one. If there really is demand for one, I'll fix one up, but in the mean time, few enough people give feedback about this program in the first place.

Ver 1.10 NotesClick here to read!

Hopefully, this works.
05/10/08
Version 1.10 is not here! (MapleStory Calculator v1.10 Download, MapleStory Calculator v1.10 Lite Download)

Should the download link ever result in a Private File error, please note that the file you are attempting to access is most likely outdated, and you should review this thread for a fresh link. If there is none, please leave a message and I will look into the issue.

In Version 1.10, the following bugs from Version 1.01 have been corrected (hopefully):
  • Combo Attack Building -> Finisher (Does not include Advanced Combo -> Finisher)
  • Venom Display Clarity
  • Pirate Damage Correction
  • Pirate Stun Mastery Correction
  • Capsules will be selectable
  • Updated Attack Speeds

Lite features, or there lack of, certain images that people complained about being distracting. In the future, it will be fine tuned more in such a way as to reduce any loading or lagging issues that people find present in the current version, if applicable. It is notably smaller than the full version as well, weighing in at ~720kb, compared to 1.12mb. Please submit suggestions to things to change, or areas where you experience lag so I may improve this version.

[Close]
Ver 1.01 NotesClick here to read!

09/01/08
Version 1.01 is not here! (Download Link)

I introduce to you, the MapleStory Calculator, Version 1.01;
In Version 1.01, the following bugs from Version 1.00 have been corrected (hopefully):
  • Magician Maximum & Average Damage Without Sharp Eyes
  • Magician Elemental Advantage
  • Rounding issues for most skills
  • Damage to Defense
  • Dragon Fury damage
  • Unselected Skills = Basic Attack
  • Resized the Height to fit TechnoLink's screen

<div class="spo_all"><div class="spo_top" onclick="spo_me(this);"><span class="spo_option"> =)</span><span class="spo_desc">Click here to read!</span></div><div class="spoiler">

<span class="spo_close" onclick="this.parentNode.style.display='none';">[Close]</span></div></div>

As you can see, it is a very detailed program. Most of it should be self-explanatory, but I'll explain it anyways.

As you can see with the screen shot above, when the Total button is selected, you observe only five text boxes, STR, DEX, LUK, WA, and Level. Selecting Bonus will allow you to insert your base stats (for reference purposes, namely) and then a second box beside it will be available to insert your +stat bonuses as you see fit. But that's not all, when Equip is selected, you will be able to manually set the individual stat bonuses for each piece of equipment you have.

Find WA allows you to insert a maximum (or minimum) damage value and it will find how much WA, approximately, is required to reach that value with the given stats.

Mastery, Maple Hero, Sharp Eyes, are all common buffs that are applicable to any character. If you select a 1H-Sword and Increase Mastery while a Bowmaster is selected, however, the minimum damage will still go up. There's no real point in doing this, and there's no real point in preventing this from happening so I've left it as is. Maple Hero will only affect your base stats. Accuracy is the total base accuracy given from your stats shown. Stat Ratio is how much of ___ you require to equal 1 WA.

Weapons are selectable on the left. Classes are selectable from the Tabs labeled as such. Specific Jobs are selectable within. Skills are listed in the drop down box. The "Add" button you see adds the current skills total damage to the "Compare" boxes on the right for easy viewing and comparison to other skills. The selected skills also carry on to the Range form, which will be discussed later.
Pierce, Quantum Explosion, and Screw Punch all have charge bars that can be manually moved to approximate their potential damage at any given amount of charge. This is only an approximation, however.

File -> New clears the stat text boxes.
File -> Names allows you to set the skill names to region specifics; i.e. default, GMS, KMS, SEA.
File -> Open allows you to open ".mcf" files. I'll explain more in detail later.
File -> Save allows you to save an ".mcf" file.
File -> Text allows you to save your file in text format for simple viewing.
File -> Exit closes the program.

An .mcf file is a simple formatted file that saves the preset information you've inserted so you can easily reload it at a later time instead of manually inserting each stat time. It may still have some bugs though, as I hardly ever deal with it.

Attack Speed -> ## Allows you to select a weapon speed. Any weapon speed is selectable for any weapon. However, only some weapon speeds will actually change any real attack speeds, because I obviously do not know the attack rates for every weapon speed and attack combination. You can select Wind Booster but it obviously won't do anything.

<div class="spo_all"><div class="spo_top" onclick="spo_me(this);"><span class="spo_option">Range</span><span class="spo_desc">Click here to read!</span></div><div class="spoiler">

<span class="spo_close" onclick="this.parentNode.style.display='none';">[Close]</span></div></div>
Here, you can select skills and their levels to compare the area of effect they have. Any skill like Arrow Bomb, where the area of effect occurs at the point of impact shows the box around your character itself instead. Any skills such as Dragon Pulse or Triple Fire have no real "height" to them that is easily determinable, they merely have heights to show their actual distance. No one wants to stare down a 1 pixel line.

Under the menu, you can select the direction you're facing, as well as the character's appearance (currently only two characters are available).

Being the lazy pineapple that I am, there may be errors present at the current time. If they could be reported to me, I will fix them as soon as possible. Thank you.

If there's anything I left out that you want to know, let me know and I'll put it up.
If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.
Bugs and Errors List:
  • Venom Display (Unclear Chance%. Note: Minimum = Chance for 1 Venom, Maximum = Chance for 2 Venom, Average = Chance for 3 Venom. Will correct in 1.10)
  • Find WA does not calculate properly (Is corrected for 1.10)

Future Updates (v1.10):
  • Combo Attack Building -> Finisher (Will not include Advanced Combo -> Finisher)
  • Venom Display Clarity
  • v1.10 Lite; Will feature fewer images for those of you who find it distracting, and / or laggy.

[Close]
Ver 0.91 NotesClick here to read!

07/11/08
Version 0.91 is here! We've come a long ways =)

From 32kb to 736kb. Well. Does anyone think it's actually 23 times better than the first version? Or more?

<div class="spo_all"><div class="spo_top" onclick="spo_me(this);"><span class="spo_option">Sexy</span><span class="spo_desc">Click here to read!</span></div><div class="spoiler">

<div class="spo_all"><div class="spo_top" onclick="spo_me(this);"><span class="spo_option">Sexier</span><span class="spo_desc">Click here to read!</span></div><div class="spoiler">

Enjoy the new layout, which emphasizes a nice wholesome MapleStory UI Theme. Along with this major image overhaul, I've also added a serene background for the Range form. Enjoy measuring your skill ranges under the sakura.
<div class="spo_all"><div class="spo_top" onclick="spo_me(this);"><span class="spo_option">Sakura</span><span class="spo_desc">Click here to read!</span></div><div class="spoiler">

It needs a sky though. I couldn't find a decent one =/

Also to note, the Dark Knight's forced Thrust and Slash skills were not displaying properly. This issue has been dealt with and should be corrected now. As well as this, I have also corrected an issue with the Captain's Elemental Amplification when being applied to their Cooling Effect and Fire Burner. These should now display accurate values based on the estimation that I have created for Elemental Amplification's stats. Please keep in mind that much of the Pirate Skill information is based on speculation and should not be taken as 100% accurate.

As per the usual, please notify me of any errors occurring. Most notably if you experience any slow loading, inform me of exactly when it happens and I will see if I can resolve the issue. If people are finding that the UI is causing slow-downs, I will create an alternate version that has no extra graphical support.

Sadly, I completely forgot that I had written I would add individual Transparency selectors and colour choices. Not that anyone really cares, but it should be applied in Version 1.00 if I remember.

Please note that I didn't forget, I was just too lazy to draw graphics for the main Job Tabs. As you can all probably note, there is a lot of dynamic text there. Every time there is text, I have to draw it into an image by the pixel so the font is correct and the size will fit. Then I have to load the image onto the form and properly place it in the correct location so it's aligned with the boxes and such. It takes a lot of time. And I'm a lazy bastard.

If anyone has any suggestions for things I should add or change, please let me know. For some reason, I've heard of one for the colour of Mastery to be shown somewhere. I'll probably see if I can implement that as well in one way or another though. However, things like massive graphics and skill animations are too much. They waste much disk space and time to correctly input. Note that this version is ~300kb bigger than the last version due to all the graphics. Skill graphics are much more intricate.

If anyone wants their character to be featured on the Range Form, let me know.

Future Updates
  • Variable Transparencies for each skill box
  • Variable Colour Schemes for each skill box
  • Monster in the Range Form to show Area of Effect Impact skills
  • More character choices?
  • Skill Tab design

Bug List
  • Pending

[Close]
Ver 0.82 NotesClick here to read!

06/25/08
Version 0.82 is not here!

After two whole months of lazing around, I finally got to some work. Well. My excuse for the two months was that the project required more information, which it did. Despite being about two hours late for the deadline I set for myself, I am two hours early by Nexon standards, and it is still the 23rd on the West Coast and beyond.

Newly implemented is default set weapon speeds and attacking rates. By selecting a Booster Speed (click on it again to uncheck) and a Weapon Speed, a set value for the skill selected will appear in the attacks per minute number up-down box. There may be some inconvenience issues when selecting different skills. I am working on making this process much more efficient, but as you should be able to tell, there are numerous areas where the variable could be affected by. i.e. selecting a new skill, selecting a new weapon, switching jobs, etc. so it is a lot of work.

Several errors have been fixed, as well as the implementation of the newest skill tables, and information. Particularly, you should note that it does apply to v0.56 of MapleGlobal which has updated Skill Information located in this thread. Also implemented is the Venom Formula that I developed personally on Tespia. It should be accurate to within 100 damage. It also displays the %chance of activation for one, two, and three hits in the text boxes below its stated damage.

Another new feature that I would like to advertise is the Range Viewer! Right next to the "Help" menu, there is a new menu named Range. Click on it and a new Window should appear featuring a character and six combo list boxes. These boxes should retain the selected skill names for the Compare Boxes on the original form. If the selected skill has no range value, nothing will be drawn. When you click on the Draw button, a box will be drawn the exact size for Maple Resolution. Any selected skills should be drawn in the colour of their text with the transparency ratio selected at the top right. Default is 40% transparency. If you have difficulties seeing certain colours on top of one another, please select a new colour to draw it in. I may consider implementing variable colour schemes and input in the future. At the top, you can select the gender of the character and the direction they are facing. (I know it's trivial) I ran out of time to fix up the layering. The stupid drawing feature cannot draw over top of the character images unless I were to set them into the actual background of the form, in which case their positioning would be off. I plan to correct this in the future.

Lastly, I would like to let everyone know that you can now select the skill names that are displayed for each character. The settings are Default, which are the skill names I have been using thus far; KMS Translated, which uses the first (or so) edition of the translated Fourth Job Skill Names; GMS Official, which are, as far as I have learned, the Official skill names in MapleGlobal; and SEA Official, which are, as far as I have learned, the Official skill names as they are from MapleSEA. If you notice any errors, please let me know because my knowledge of exact skill names are limited to the few character classes I have played. Third and Fourth Job information may be incorrect to some degree.

Also, take a look at the new About Window! =)

Future Updates
  • Variable Transparencies for each skill box
  • Variable Colour Schemes for each skill box
  • Auto-updating Attack Speeds
  • Auto-Weapon select upon choosing character class
  • Draw ranges over top of characters

Bugs
  • Many Gunslinger skills are ranged incorrectly
  • Ninja Storm displays incorrectly
  • Buster/Crusher displays incorrectly
  • Stun Mastery does not automatically become visible

[Close]
Ver 0.70 NotesClick here to read!

04/26/08
I probably should have done this by last week, but whatever. Here's 0.70.

Now, on to business.
Version 0.70 Includes
  • Advanced Homing Modifier
  • New Comparison Location
  • New Monster Stat Location
  • Max HP is now set at 10 trillion - 1, I believe
  • Damage reduction is set to always be 0.55 damage per defense
  • Panic no longer forces Stabs
  • Archer elemental (dis)advantages work
  • About box
  • Help now allows you to redirect to this page
  • Sexy Snail Icon
What else does everyone want? Any issues not yet dealt with? Is the form still too big for some people? The max height should be around 768.
Opinions? Questions?
I need to fill up some of that F.A.Q. at the bottom of this post so I can incorporate it into the actual program. Fire away! It needs a bit more before I can "release" it to the "general public". I just have to fine-tune aesthetic aspects, such as font alignment, which I'm having an issue with at the top for the equips.

ALSO: New Graphic Request. Fill please =)
Future Updates
  • Frostprey & Phoenix Damage
  • Shout Forces Stabs
  • More Accurate Finisher Formula
  • Presets for Attacks per Minute
  • Fix Bonus Stat Boxes

[Close]
Ver 0.61 NotesClick here to read!

04/13/08
After a month of not doing anything, here's 0.61.

This is a very important update. Don't delete 0.52 by the way. Some things may not work the same, and functionality may have decreased for certain aspects. Namely, Warrior damage output, I am not completely sure if it works correctly.
The major changes I've made are as follows
  • Corrected (yet again) Arrow Bomb + FA Damage output. It should be absolutely correct now.
  • Adjusted Sharp Eyes Multiplier Combinations. i.e. Elemental Advantages/Disadvantages, Combo, etc.
  • Fine-Tuned the Warrior Tab; All damage values now take into account your slash or stab. Read More Below.
  • Fixed Pirate Tab; There were a lot of problems.
  • Overhauled the Comparison Section. Read More Below.
  • Added a Monster Value Section. Read More Below.
  • Cleaned up the Text Output. Read More Below.
Warrior Tab
As most Warriors know, you have two attack animations. Slash, and Stab. For Pole Arms, Spears, Blunt Weapons, and Axes, the damage ranges for these are not the same. For example, with a Spear, you will never hit the listed minimum damage in your Damage Range on your Character Stat screen with a Thrust. The minimum damage listed is when you use a disadvantageous animation. The maximum damage listed is when you use an advantageous animation. The calculator now considers this for average damage, as well as net damage for skills that force animations. Dragon Fury always Slashes. Buster always Stabs. Panic always Stabs I believe. There is a bug with Axe Panic now. Brandish always Slashes once and Stabs once. Minimum and maximum damage for most skills won't change, but average damage is affected by slash and stab. Your average damage is not (min + max) / 2. You have to consider that your damage range is different for when you slash and when you stab. Except for swords.
Comparison
With a press of the button, you can show or hide your Comparison Frames at the bottom. You can still add to them even if they're not visible. They will not be cleared if you hide them. The form might be too large for your resolution if you expand it to 6 boxes, so be careful. You can just maximize the form to adjust it properly. The clear buttons do not work. Some people's resolution may be too small to see the entire form when it is fully expanded. Please restart the program if this occurs. I will resize the next version to fit on a standard 1024x768 at the largest.
Monster Value
By inputing the proper values for monsters in the fields on the right, it will calculate certain statistics for you and output them on a text field below. I do not have the means of being able to store all monster data onto a file to read from (yet) so you must manually insert values. It should be accurate though. Included is an accuracy calculator, knock-back calculator, damage-defense calculator, and hits to kill (min, max, ave). I was working on getting %chance to kill monster in x hits, but I couldn't get it to work. You may be seeing that in the future (not near though). The damage defense calculator is quite crude still. Since no one knows the set values (and levels do affect it), I've decided to put a text field for the user to input values. On default, it is 2, so for every 2 Defense, 1 Damage is taken off your damage range, etc. etc. You cannot place decimal values inside, sorry. I'll work on that for next time.
Text Output
The text output now includes two equips on a single line so it's about 2/3 the original size if you decide to output your values with equipment on.

Tasks yet left undone
  • Magician Stat Ratio [I've decided to forsake this]
  • Mastery Box When Selecting Magician
  • Homing Multiplier
  • Help Page [Not sure how to format one]
  • Comparison Values in Save file
  • Icon
Bug List
  • Compare Expand Buttons fritz out
  • Compare Expands too tall
  • HP Max is 9999
  • Dam:Def is stupid
  • Panic Forces Stabs -__-'
  • Archer Elemental Advantage is broken again
Struck out bugs and improvements have been dealt with and will be included in version 0.70.
So. Anything else you guys want to see?

[Close]
Ver 0.52 NotesClick here to read!
03/16/08
Had a few more issues with Version 0.51 so here is 0.52.

Read the 0.51 notes. Opening should work fine now. You should be able to open any files that you have saved in the past. Newly added in version 0.52 is a total base Accuracy Calculator. It considers Mastery, DEX, and LUK. Nothing else because everything else is variable. It may not work 100% accurately for Bowmen and Thieves yet. Doesn't work for Magicians because their Magic Accuracy is unknown. Pirates uses the Warrior Formula. Gunslingers might actually use a different formula than Infighters though. Accuracy Total-er doesn't work yet. Sorry.

Bug List
  • Arrow Bomb + FA Out Put (yet again)
  • Sharp Eyes + Multipliers (Inferno, Berserk, Charges)
  • Lots of Pirate things, if I recall correctly
Future Improvements
  • Total Base Accuracy
  • Change Mastery Box To Something Else When Magicians Are Selected
  • Better Text Output
  • Stat Ratio for Magicians?
  • Button to make Comparison Section Visible/Invisible at the bottom

[Close]
Ver 0.51 NotesClick here to read!

03/16/08
Had a few issues with Version 0.50 so not here is 0.51.

Completed is the Pirate Tab. It includes every skill for Pirates, and it is now specific for each weapon they can wield. i.e. you can't use Double Fire with a Knuckle or Sword (durrr). Had a small case issue there earlier. Everything should work fine now. If there are any issues, please let me know. I was up quite late last night working on it, and I forgot about adding something earlier because I stopped to play Brawl, and went back to work a few hours later.
Also, a new feature is the "Save" function, and "Text" function in the menu, as well as the "Open" feature. The file format is called an .mcf, or a MapleStory Calculator File. If there already exists a file with this extension, let me know, and I'll change it so as to not cause... more issues. It basically saves the information into text format, so try not to open them with NotePad and edit things. Bad things may or may not happen, I'm not sure. It'll just run into an error when reading and then a message box will pop up. Text saves the file into a .txt format with a specified output layout. I'll have it more aesthetically pleasing in the future, but this is just what I came up with at 5AM. This is what comes out when I plugged in random values and then saved. No, you cannot "Open" a .txt format file. It'll get you an error.
<div class="spo_all"><div class="spo_top" onclick="spo_me(this);"><span class="spo_option">Text Output Format</span><span class="spo_desc">Click here to read!</span></div><div class="spoiler">
CODE
MapleStory Calculator Text Output
=================================
    Written By: Joe Tang
For Any Questions, Please Visit

BASE STATS
Base STR: 4
Base DEX: 200
Base LUK: 4

TOTAL BONUS STATS
Total Bonus STR: 200
Total Bonus DEX: 20
Total Bonus LUK: 0
Total Bonus WA: 200
EQUIPMENT STATS
Weapon Stats:
   WA: 200
  STR: 200
  DEX: 0
  LUK: 0

Helm Stats:
   WA: 0
  STR: 0
  DEX: 20

Top Stats:

Bottoms Stats:

Glove Stats:

Shoe Stats:

Cape Stats:

Earring Stats:

Pendant Stats:

Shield Stats:

Potion Stats:

Potion Stats:

Stat : Attack Ratio: 1.24

Mastery Level: 0
Maple Hero Level: 0
Sharp Eyes Level: 0
Weapon:
  Polearm
Damage Range:
550  ~ 2480
Average Damage:

Job:
Bowman -> Hunter -> Ranger -> Bow Master
Skill Name: Skills
Skill Level: 1
Attacks Per Minute: 1
Critical Shot Level: 0
Final Attack Level: 0
Final Attacks Per Minute: 1
Expertise Level: 0
Skill Damage Range:
0 ~ 0
Average Skill Damage:
Mob Size: 1
Damage per Minute:
0 ~ 0
Average Damage per Minute:

Future Improvements
  • Change Mastery Box To Something Else When Magicians Are Selected
  • Better Text Output
  • Stat Ratio for Magicians?

[Close]
Ver 0.40 NotesClick here to read!

03/09/08
Here we are not with Version 0.40!

With an approximate Magician Damage Formula, I've more or less completed the Magician Tab. All info about Heal is sketchy at best, from what I can find, so I have left that out, not to mention though I can find Formulae, they all vary greatly. Of course, the Formula for Magic Damage is not 100% accurate. I did not design it, I merely implemented it, so if your damage does not appear as correctly as you think it should, there really is nothing I can do about it.

The damage range that appears in the Damage Range Text Boxes when you select a Magician is what I would call your "Base Magic Damage Range". It is that range multiplied by the Basic Attack of a Spell which gives you your damage. The minimum is dependent on the Skill Level (and skill in certain cases) selected in the Magician Tab, however.

Next will be Pirates since afterwards, I would have all jobs laid out properly, and I should hopefully be able to work on output and attacking against monster stat values. I'll implement an Accuracy Calculator soon, as well, though it will only sum up total Accuracy as opposed to finding hit rate. I don't know the values for that.

Warriors
DEX = 0.8 ACC
LUK = 0.5 ACC
Archers = ??
Thieves = ??
I could go reverse engineer the numbers myself, but it's faster if I ask people, and less work for me.

Any suggestions for the future? My main concern after finishing the Pirate Skills (because they're fun) would be managing an output format. I'm hoping to be able to have a button that saves a specific text to your clipboard where you can paste it into Notepad, but I actually have never tried anything of the likes yet, so it may take some time for me to work out the bugs. I'm also hoping to be able to have a text or .raf (or whatever extension I want to call it) output so you can save templates and not have to rewrite everything again, but I also have very little experience working on this specific branch of coding. So after the Pirate Tab, another update may take a much longer amount of time, outside of efficiency and error corrections.

Stat ratio currently does not work for Magicians, by the way. I'm not sure when I'll have the time to reverse engineer that particular equation.
Future Improvements
  • Change Mastery Number Up-Down Box for Magicians

[Close]
Ver 0.32 NotesClick here to read!

02/29/08
To end off Leap Day, not here is Version 0.32
0.31 Never existed. If anyone says otherwise, they're lying.
QUOTE (0.30)
I've updated the calculator to include Thief calculations. It should correctly display anything pertaining to Thieves, except for Venom for which the formula is unknown. Not 100% sure about the mechanics of Shadow Partner. I know it uses the 50% value when maxed for Lucky Sevens, but I used that for every skill as well. I'm not sure if the 80% applies to everything else except L7 and TT, or just Basic Attack. Compare Tab has been updated to more easily reflect character differences. I added a Stat Ratio box in the Stat Window, some people find it helpful. Fixed a few small issues. Everything else should work fine and dandy. What say you all? I miss anything?

Fixed Title, whatever problem there may have been with Band of Thieves, and updated the Archer Elemental Advantage values to reflect new information.

New Poll
More or less in the order of least work to most, that's what I have lined up in the future. What does everyone want? Majority rules.
Future Improvements
  • Auto-Update Sharp Eyes

[Close]
Ver 0.30 NotesClick here to read!

02/29/08
To kick off Leap Day, not here is Version 0.30
New Features
  • Thief Tab!
  • Comparison Tab now includes character STR/DEX/LUK/WA values
  • Stat Ratio Box
I've updated the calculator to include Thief calculations. It should correctly display anything pertaining to Thieves, except for Venom for which the formula is unknown. Not 100% sure about the mechanics of Shadow Partner. I know it uses the 50% value when maxed for Lucky Sevens, but I used that for every skill as well. I'm not sure if the 80% applies to everything else except L7 and TT, or just Basic Attack. Compare Tab has been updated to more easily reflect character differences. I added a Stat Ratio box in the Stat Window, some people find it helpful. Fixed a few small issues. Everything else should work fine and dandy. What say you all? I miss anything?
Bugs
  • Title Still Displays Version 0.25
  • Band of Thieves Mob Condition

[Close]
Ver 0.25 NotesClick here to read!

02/20/08
Version 0.25 is not here
Fixed all the bugs in Version 0.20 that were reported. Everything else is the same.

[Close]
Ver 0.20 NotesClick here to read!

02/16/08
BETA Version 0.20 is not here!

New Features
  • Warriors!
    • All Skills (Hopefully)
    • Critical (i.e. Sharp Eyes) is inherent in the skill damage output (i.e. it's always included in your range) instead of separate text outputs like the Archer Tab.
    • Diminishing Slash Blast FA output
    • Berserk/Combo & Advanced Combo/Charge modifier
    • Elemental Advantage/Disadvantage radio boxes instead of separate text outputs like Inferno/Blizzard
  • Removal of Attacks per Minute Check Box. Feature is now inherent.
  • Clear Buttons Work
  • Bonus does not accept null anymore
  • Pierce Output works again
  • Labels when dealing with IA/PA/SBFA mobs should move correctly
Hopefully, I was able to correctly input how every Warrior skill works. I ran a few numbers through it and it seemed okay. No big issues like ridiculously large or small numbers popping up for no reason.
Slash Blast FA, I'm not 100% sure on the numbers that come out on mobs. I couldn't find enough resources, so what happens is the first monster takes 166% * FA%/250, the second monster takes 1/3 of that, the third takes 1/3 of the second monster, and so forth until the sixth monster. From what I was told, the damage is always divided up like this regardless of whether there is two or six monsters in a mob. Correct me if I'm wrong, and direct me to the proper numbers.
These numbers are based on the pretense that Final Attacks % (i.e. 250%) is unevenly, but completely, distributed against an entire mob.

Now. For some of the new things. I'd like everyone's opinion on the new output style. I had to move the Mob Frame to the bottom since I couldn't fit 15 monsters vertically. If someone has a better suggestion, I'm free to check it out.
Also, another feature that I made for the Warriors that was different than the Archers is Elemental Advantage. When you choose your Charge, three Radio Boxes will appear. You can choose the output to be in Neutral, Advantage, or Disadvantage. It takes into account the increasing elemental advantage from Charges as they level as well. I was told that against a monster where you have the Disadvantage, you only deal 1/2 or 50% of your damage. Again, correct me if I'm wrong here.

So, I want to know which one everyone prefers. Inherently displaying the different damages on Advantage and Disadvantage all the time like Inferno and Blizzard do, or being able to choose the type to display that the Warrior tab has.

Next up is Thieves. Anything specific that I should know about here?

Bugs
  • Shield Option is still visible when selecting a two-handed weapon
  • Level 0 Combo, Orbs seem to be able to be added.
  • Holy/Divine Charge sets number up down box maximum to 20, but Fire/Ice/Thunder Charge doesn't set it back to 30.
  • Slash Blast Final Attack boxes do not disappear when selecting other skills.
  • Charge Blow Shows no Minimum Range?

[Close]
Ver 0.15 NotesClick here to read!
New Update 02/04/08
BETA Version 0.15

Don't grab it here.

New Features
  • Comparison Tab
  • Auto-updating damage range as you change your stats
  • Auto-updating Skill damage as you change your stats
  • Attacks per minute should work
  • Find Weapon Attack by inputting Max Damage or Min Damage (Doesn't support Expertise)
  • Other various bug fixes
As usual, let me know of bugs that exist, and any features you'd like me to add. I'll start working on the Warrior section as soon as possible. School starts up again in... Oh crap, I think I'm late. Anyways, I have school, so time is slightly more limited.

Also, opinions on a Company Name seeing as there's a section to fill out under the file information. Just thought it'd be fun.
What usually goes under "Trademark"?

Oh. And what should I place under the "Help" menu thing?

Bugs
  • Bonus Stat Boxes Accept Null
  • Labels for Pierce and Iron Arrow Mob Size 4 are Misaligned
  • Clear Buttons do nothing
  • I think Pierce doesn't add correctly

[Close]
Ver 0.10 NotesClick here to read!

BETA version 0.10
Archer only currently, sorry everyone else. It can do damage ranges though.

I need people to try and break it. And then tell me how so I can prevent it from happening. Also, thoughts and opinions.

It's not here in .exe format. 104kb.
It requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 to run.

If you download it, make sure to check back with me in the future for a newer version hopefully.

Since it is BETA and v0.10, there are bugs present. The ones that I know of currently, is that damage over time with any FA based skill does not work very well, if at all.

Let's see here... The grid layout of the damage displayed is pretty self-explanatory. Except Total-
Total minimum is the lowest possible damage with said skill. Total maximum is highest possible damage. Total average is total average damage. If you use a mob number, the total damage displays the total damage done to the entire mob.

In future versions, I'll have a "help" menu, as well as credits with whomever helped, and my name somewhere on it.

I think I forgot the tags for the impact damage of Arrow Bomb. Well, if I did, those are the boxes at the bottom when you choose Arrow Bomb.

Could possibly require Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 though I'm not sure why it possibly would. Just warning it might. If anyone gets any errors whatsoever, let me know exactly where, and how you got it so I can fix it. If it freezes, end the task with Task Manager.

Next step is Warriors. Unless people want me to do Thieves first. ^Poll.

Now, I'm going to bed. I'll see you all in... 7 hours. That seems about right.

Bugs
  • Total Max Damage per Minute with Final Attack does not output properly
  • Total Ave Damage per Minute with Final Attack does not output properly
  • If you check the Attacks per Minute for the first time (while the number updown boxes are 0), you get a Divide By Zero Error.
  • Probably get the same error if the skill name is invalid. i.e. you try to type a skill name instead of selecting one from the box. Not sure.
  • Overall Checkbox needs to be Visible
  • Dragon Pulse/Power Knock-Back/Pierce Mob = 1 Case is broken
  • Inferno/Blizzard Total Damage does not display
  • Inferno/Blizzard Elemental Disadvantage is affected by FA
Future Improvements
  • Comparison Between Three Skills
  • Possible Auto-update when adjusting stats
  • Attacks per Minute will actually work.

[Close]

F.A.QClick here to read!

Why is it Beta?
Because I'm still testing everything. Many things do not work properly because I do not have enough information to properly calculate it, and many things are still experimental. This is a learning experience for me, and I'm learning many things as I program. Many of these methods that I am implementing are a first time, so please bear with me.
Because I'm still testing everything. Some things do not work properly because I do not have enough information to properly calculate it, and many things are still experimental. This is a learning experience for me, and I'm learning many things as I program. Many of these methods that I am implementing are a first time, so please bear with me.
Should I find the time, I will release a proper non-BETA of a version if there is significant progress and little to no errors presented in it, assuming I don't continue on with the next addition and improvement.
How can I contribute?
Just test it and tell me what's wrong.

Why does your link redirect to a page saying the file is private?
All old and outdated versions are set to private on my mediafire account to prevent people from accessing redundant versions. That means there's a newer version out to download and the old one is useless. If you ever see that page, please come to this thread and get the new update.

What do the "Add" button and the number up down box at the bottom do?
They add your current stats and skill damage to the corresponding "Frames" in the "Compare" Section. To view the compare section, press the "Show (X)" Button at the bottom. It displays two more each click until there are six at which point it will hide all of them. The "Hide (X)" Button does the exact opposite.

Why can't I open my .mcf file?
If an error occurs when trying to open the .mcf file, please post the exact message that you get, and in the worst case, send me the .mcf file itself so I can check what is or isn't happening.

Why do I do less damage than what your calculator says?
Most likely, you're hitting a monster and seeing your skill damage. Monsters have defense. This will affect the damage observed. Also, some skills and values are not 100% accurate. Please contribute by posting your stats, damage, monster you're attacking, etc. if you find an inconsistency.

Why does Panic/Coma do so much/little damage?
The formula that I use for Panic and Coma is accurate for 4 to 5 orbs only, sadly to say. I do not have a Crusader or Hero of my own to test the values, otherwise, I would have a more concrete and accurate formula.

How can I thank you?
Leave a thank you in this thread. Alternatively, you can PM me and I will give you my PayPal account number to which you can forward money. I also accept unused NX Cards, iTCG codes, and cookies. No peanuts please.
srsly?
If you're willing to give me free stuff, yes.

[Close]
CreditsClick here to read!
  • Joe Tang
  • AgonyMan - Testing
  • Lugin - Testing
  • SpiritRival - Testing, Formula Information
  • SoullessFire - Testing
  • TechnoLink - Testing, Formula Information
  • Russt - Testing, Formula Information
  • Masamune - White Knight Information
  • theShinji - White Knight Information
  • Light - Crusader Information
  • April (smio) - Spiffy new Icon(s) and About Logo
  • Senyain - Other Calculations and Details
  • Stereo - Attack Speed Information
  • LazyBui - Attack Speed Information
  • Fiel - Data Extraction and numerous other things
  • xRobert - Testing
  • Other obscure unimportant peoples that I can't remember off hand (If you belong here, let me know)

[Close]

Edited by JoeTang, 22 August 2009 - 09:22 AM.

#2 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

I'll download it when I get home. Then I will comment.

#3 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:27 AM

Looks like I'll be doing Warriors next. I'll begin maybe tomorrow or the day after, so I have input about the program to update and improve.

#4 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:37 AM

Bugs: Skill=mastery? If that is so, one should be allowed to have 0 mastery.
Marksmen cannot have Final Attack? Add Marksmen skills, of course. I got a Divide by Zero error even when selecting a Bow.
Other than that I found no bugs.

#5 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:51 AM

Mastery is at the top. Since it's common to every job, I decided to have it with the other stats to calculate the damage range first.

The only reason a Marksman should have the FA disabled is that the Bow radio button is selected. It's set so that if a Bow is selected while you're a Marksman, it only displays Arrow Blow and Double Shot since no other skills can be used with a Bow as a Marksman. Of course, I didn't bother to make the damage range notice this, so you can "have" Bow Mastery as a Marksman dry.gif

Where are you getting that divide by zero error?

#6 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:23 AM

Ah, I see mastery. Skill must be the level of the selected skill, then.
Bug: One can have less than 4 and more than 999 (I'm not sure this is the upper limit for a stat; however, there should be an upper limit at some point) of Luck, Strength, and Dexterity.
I don't think shields can add Dexterity, but I am not sure. I am unsure about other items. You should go over every equipment type to make sure that each stat bonus is possible.
I cannot choose any number other than 1 on the mob list when selecting Pierce.
I get a Divide by zero whenever I check the "Attack per Minute" box.

#7 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:05 AM

I'll implement the minimum value for base stats. As for equips, I have yet to disable Shields while selecting a Two Handed weapon, but that will come. I'm sure there is a Warrior Shield that adds Dexterity. I'll leave it all open for possibility, regardless of plausibility. Maximum values on the base stats is 9999, and 999 on Equips. Of course, Base Stats can't go higher than 999, but when you include Bonuses (i.e. total) it does, so I didn't want to limit that at three digits. I'll probably cap it at 2000 then.

#8 Lugin

Lugin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Reading

• Character Info:
    LSuhalla - Level 155 Paladin

• Windia

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:12 PM

Oh yes, there are shields that add DEX, for warriors and thieves.
On average, the Admantium Tower, Silver Legend, Silver Ancient, and Bronze Kalkan add 2 DEX, while the Jurgen Wristguard adds 1 DEX.

-edit-
Won't let me run it at the moment (.NET framework out of date), but I'll do some breaking testing later.

#9 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Updated.

I was going to add something else, but I forgot. Anyways, here's version 0.15. Still only Archers since I didn't spend too much time on it, and there were a lot of unexpected bugs. If this version works fine, I'll be starting on the Warrior section as soon as possible. Like tonight, maybe.

Anyways, I'm late for school it seems. Later.

#10 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Again, I'll check this out at home and break it as well as I can.

#11 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

What I need is more input from different people. Just because it only applies to Archers at the moment, doesn't mean it doesn't concern other classes.
The efficiency of my future coding depends on the current code I have now. Since every character outputs damage in almost the exact same way, the other jobs will just involve me copying and pasting the current code I have for the Archer calculations. If there are errors in the Archer code, the same errors will most likely occur in the other jobs. Also, if I can have more efficient coding or have my code done in a certain preference now, it means less work to change it in the future.

Also, I want ideas for a Company Name, and what the hell is the Trademark supposed to be?
And new features. New features to add would be helpful. What you want to see for Warriors and Thieves.

#12 Lugin

Lugin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Reading

• Character Info:
    LSuhalla - Level 155 Paladin

• Windia

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:09 PM

I noticed that claw is selectable for all classes.
Granted, we had the magical mittens, but otherwise claws are a thief exclusive.

Only thing I've noticed yet.

Slash blast FA distribution would be useful for warriors.

As for the company name... a pun would be good.
Isn't the trademark usually the year the product was designed/created?

#13 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

I've heard that Iron Arrow and Final Attack function together oddly. I don't know enough about this to comment fully.
I can still make the stats less than four by selecting the number and typing 3, or whatever.
The number in the stat bonus field can be completely removed. If this is done, when one changes the base stats one gets a "Input string was not in a correct format" error.
For Iron Arrow and Pierce, the names overlap the damage fields for mobs of 4 and greater.
Doesn't Pierce's damage increase with each enemy hit?

#14 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:27 AM

Hm. I'll have to reconfigure the locations of the labels for the mob sizes of IA and PA. I changed the size of all the boxes there so I thought I had the labels adjusted properly as well. I must have skipped the bonus boxes when I did the null case exceptions.
I'm still fiddling out the bugs with making the base stats less than four.

Pierce's damage should be correctly displayed including the current theorized damage increase per monster. That's why it shows up with the 20 text boxes at the bottom when it's selected. Iron Arrow shows up there too because its damage decreases as it penetrates monsters. I'm planning for the same thing with Slash Blast FA, but I'm working on the best method to deal with displaying Elemental Advantage and Disadvantage in the same scenario. It requires a total of 25 text boxes it seems.

It seems I forgot to implement an action for the Clear buttons in the Comparison Tab as well.

#15 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Impressive calculator. It's better than a lot I've seen.

#16 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

Version 0.20

I need Warriors to test it. Preferably Knights and Crusaders because I'm not 100% sure I got the Charges and Combo done correctly.

I'm exhausted...

#17 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:22 AM

I'll download it and check it out.
Bug found: The max level for every charge except for the holy ones is 30. The holy charge's max level is 20. The calculator has 20 as the max amount for every charge.

#18 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:07 AM

Version 0.30 is now live! Hooray -__-'

#19 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

I can't find bugs much now, but for Band of Thieves after one has selected a higher level of the skill (and thus increases the maximum mob size) and then decreased it (thus lowering the maximum mob size) the buttons for higher mob amounts appear to be selectable, but aren't.
Also, the program is named "v0.25" on the program title.

#20 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (AgonyMan @ Feb 29 2008, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't find bugs much now, but for Band of Thieves after one has selected a higher level of the skill (and thus increases the maximum mob size) and then decreased it (thus lowering the maximum mob size) the buttons for higher mob amounts appear to be selectable, but aren't.
Also, the program is named "v0.25" on the program title.

Fudgsicles. I'll fix that... tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users