• Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    KindIer - Lv 138 bowmaster
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:23 AM

Never thought I'd see in my lifetime, but things have just gone downhill from the v. 83 patch. It had glitches to begin with, the missing subway to nlc, freeze/stun not working, and whatnot. Then someone in Galicia found out they could duplicate items every time the server crashed, and it spread to other worlds fairly quickly. Broa and Windia got the worst of it - there's trillions of mesos worth in duplicated items circulating, and unless they're removed immediately there'll be mass deflation, obviously. There are 1 meso shops in the FM with multiple blue bandanas, smiley masks, and other really rare items. ):

There's also a glitch that doesn't let people log on, and others have been ip banned or can't access their accounts because of the mandatory password change. And to top it all off, a GM from Scania was hacked. tongue.gif Ironic considering all the new security measures that were supposed to improve the game.

I'm not trying to pass judgment on nexon, but most likely they're off for the weekend and are oblivious to this mess until Monday. And their customer service is awful, as usual.

Luckily I can still log on fine, haven't been hacked, and haven't bought any duplicated items. (I think) I'm sure maple will rebound from this somehow, like it's always done, but no matter what nexon decides to do some people are going to lose out. But anything, even recognizing that they did in fact trip up, will be better than the silence that's being maintained thus far.

#2 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

I recall something like this happening a few years back.

#3 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    Serefino- Level 113 Ranger <-- Active, Bowmaster to be
    Masamunee- Level 92 White Knight <-- Inactive, Paladin to be
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

This is surprising. I haven't logged on in a week so I dunno what the whole situation is but sounds serious.

#4 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:00 AM

Yeah, there was a duplicated item problem a long time ago but it was fixed somehow. Wasn't around back then so not sure how they did it. Now it's too late for a rollback, so most likely the duplicated items and the originals will just be deleted.

As for the "security leak," Nexon released a statement on their forum saying the gm somehow accidentally gave away his info via the banner on the top of the screen that announced the 2x event. (His username and password appeared at the end of the message) The whole explanation sounds somewhat farfetched to me, though. xD

Some of the problems related to the login errors have been fixed too, and people can log in again. ^^ After the mass hysteria on basil yesterday, everything seems blown out of proportion now. tongue.gif The only thing that's really troubling is the item duplicating. It's still going on, though I don't think Windia crashed today.

#5 Nathan

Nathan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 4,097 posts

• None

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

It seems the Maple economy is getting worse than our own, here in the US tongue.gif

#6 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    Serefino- Level 113 Ranger <-- Active, Bowmaster to be
    Masamunee- Level 92 White Knight <-- Inactive, Paladin to be
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:37 AM

Actually, saw something about the GM giving away his info. Apparently it was in Scania and THOUSANDS of players saw it. And there were bunches of SS to prove it.

#7 Acorn-chan

Acorn-chan
  • Ruby Clan
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Bakura&lt;3

• Character Info:
    AcornChan: lvl. 60, bwahahahaa Cleric
    Quioo: lvl. 21 I/L
    Phynee: lvl. 12 Sin
    Ziroee: lvl. 1 HP Warrior
    BakurasPocky: lvl. 19 DW

• Windia

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Wow. o_o
You told me about the item duplication thing Saturday, but I didn't know a GM got banned.
Nexon has to start fixing problems like this and making sure that nothing's wrong before they do anything. I think, maybe they were just rushing at first because of people complaining about how long patches have been taking. But if they're going to release a patch, then I'd prefer that they'd take their sweet time over this. Just theory, though. I could be wrong. I don't even know how long this patch took.

I never really liked the changes to MS over the past few months, but this is just.. *headdesk*

#8 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

The patch was delayed for a day, and there was 2x to make up for it.

Gracie, get to L90 already so we can hime. biggrin.gif

#9 Acorn-chan

Acorn-chan
  • Ruby Clan
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Bakura&lt;3

• Character Info:
    AcornChan: lvl. 60, bwahahahaa Cleric
    Quioo: lvl. 21 I/L
    Phynee: lvl. 12 Sin
    Ziroee: lvl. 1 HP Warrior
    BakurasPocky: lvl. 19 DW