IPB Style© Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Americans

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll

Are people outside the US Americans too?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (MaakuWiz @ Sep 25 2007, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No freedom of speech? That would mean stuff like, no democracy, no right of different opinions?

That's one of the worst problem a country can have, in my opinion o.o

Well... By freedom of speech, it means you can talk about anything. The government forbids you to talk about the government and officials, unless you're one of them yourself.

Everything else is fine, except for gum, drugs, vandalism, and other banned crap.

But you might wanna watch what you say in front of your teachers though, they're authorised to beat you if they want.

#22 BagelAlex

BagelAlex

• Ruby Clan
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:MAPLE and ANY other SHINY and BIG things :]

• Character Info:
    BagelStarz ~ 2x Rogue ~ Active
    BagelsSpear ~ 2x warrior ~ Mule

• Mardia

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:09 AM

Someone told me that it's Americans because of uh something that I forgot, but it made a really good point, *takes back the no vote for a yes vote*

#23 April

April
  • 219 posts

• Character Info:
    xl3andita005 lv49

• Windia

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:02 AM

Dur there are tongue.gif

#24 Marc

Marc
  • Emerald Clan
  • 3,242 posts
  • Interests:Maple Stor, Chess, Books, Playing with my friends,
    TEAM FORTRESS 2!

• Character Info:
    MaakuWiz : 97 I/L [Windia]

• Windia

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (AgonyMan @ Sep 25 2007, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have your parents ever made you do something, going to school would be a good example, that you would not do by yourself? I'm sure there are many examples, and some of them you would say have been beneficial to you. A Fascist government operates in the same fashion.
If someone knows what is good for you, and you don't wish to do it, you should be made to do it. You can take the government-supplied drugs if you feel unhappy.

Yes, I know that. Still, I think that I should at least be allowed to say my opinion, even if I have to do it.

#25 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (MaakuWiz @ Sep 30 2007, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I know that. Still, I think that I should at least be allowed to say my opinion, even if I have to do it.

That is where the drugs come in.

#26 April

April
  • 219 posts

• Character Info:
    xl3andita005 lv49

• Windia

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:17 AM

Makuu you still there?

#27 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:23 AM

Umm, just comment on his profile. Please don't make this thread into a conversation.

#28 April

April
  • 219 posts

• Character Info:
    xl3andita005 lv49

• Windia

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:35 AM

ihave no idea what's going on atm XD

#29 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    KindIer - Lv 138 bowmaster
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (AgonyMan @ Sep 25 2007, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have your parents ever made you do something, going to school would be a good example, that you would not do by yourself? I'm sure there are many examples, and some of them you would say have been beneficial to you. A Fascist government operates in the same fashion.
If someone knows what is good for you, and you don't wish to do it, you should be made to do it. You can take the government-supplied drugs if you feel unhappy.

But what if you don't want to do it because it's actually not good for you? Nobody can know everything, and sometimes my parents make bad decisions for me, and some decisions might result in catastrophes if they've been made and aren't good and nearly everyone does it.

#30 April

April
  • 219 posts

• Character Info:
    xl3andita005 lv49

• Windia

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Lord Poo @ Oct 1 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But what if you don't want to do it because it's actually not good for you? Nobody can know everything, and sometimes my parents make bad decisions for me, and some decisions might result in catastrophes if they've been made and aren't good and nearly everyone does it.

That's parents for you. sleep.gif Most of them at least. Like extracurricular activities for example soccer, basketball, swimming, music lessons, I don't need any of that shit in my future I don't need gym to be a Vet. I don't need music lessons to be a vet, I don't need basketball OR swimming to be a vet, some parents just don't understand at all. sleep.gif

#31 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Lord Poo @ Oct 1 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good is subjective. I might think that it is to your benefit for you to die, and thus decide to kill you. Would I be wrong? No. Logically, you cannot refuse my killing you.
Humans are born wanting choice and control. Logically, there is no need for control.
Drug administration is a good way to remove this need.

QUOTE (April @ Oct 1 2007, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's parents for you. sleep.gif Most of them at least. Like extracurricular activities for example soccer, basketball, swimming, music lessons, I don't need any of that shit in my future I don't need gym to be a Vet. I don't need music lessons to be a vet, I don't need basketball OR swimming to be a vet, some parents just don't understand at all. sleep.gif

I will give you a goal: happiness. Your goal in life is not to become a veterinarian (Or is it veteran? "Vet" could mean either); it is to be as happy as you can be.
Music lessons and exercise are things that will make you happy. You cannot appreciate them now, but without them your life will be different. They will make you happier.

#32 Analogué

Analogué

And whatever time the deed took place... SUZ WAS NEVER THERE!

• Retired Admin
  • 6,191 posts

• Character Info:
    Ennazus L148 Blood Bishop
    Anaiogue L133 Corsair
    Xanthon L62 Hunter
    Rhyso L44 Assassin
    Osyhr L35 Spearman
    Dnalgne L21 KOC (BW)

• Windia

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (SoullessFire @ Sep 26 2007, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lmao.

Singapore has not a single problem...

Except for the fact we don't get freedom of speech...

No one cares though, you don't say bad stuff in front of the police now, do you?

On the contrary, you have LOADS of problems tongue.gif

Christianity is TERRIBLE in Singapore. It has practically forced the Buddhists from being Buddhists.
Your land is too small. People have to be cremated, no choice.
Barely any... grass. Okay, you have grass, but you go to England, or America, or Canada (or lots of other places) and children get a healthier lifestyle.
You had to be BANNED from chewing gum (which I actually totally agree with) but the fact is you had to be banned tongue.gif
You hang drug smugglers tongue.gif
Everyone MUST retire at 60/65.

I could list loads of problems about Singapore happy.gif But I do very much love it tongue.gif

#33 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    KindIer - Lv 138 bowmaster
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (April @ Oct 1 2007, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your thoughts about things change over time, though. You may want to be a vet now (assuming you're talking about the kind that takes care of animals) but in a few years you may want to become a lawyer. When I was little I wanted to be a teacher or a book writer, but now I'm thinking about law or computer science, even though I'm not extremely good at either.

#34 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,664 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Analogué @ Oct 1 2007, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the contrary, you have LOADS of problems tongue.gif

Christianity is TERRIBLE in Singapore. It has practically forced the Buddhists from being Buddhists.
Your land is too small. People have to be cremated, no choice.
Barely any... grass. Okay, you have grass, but you go to England, or America, or Canada (or lots of other places) and children get a healthier lifestyle.
You had to be BANNED from chewing gum (which I actually totally agree with) but the fact is you had to be banned tongue.gif
You hang drug smugglers tongue.gif
Everyone MUST retire at 60/65.

I could list loads of problems about Singapore happy.gif But I do very much love it tongue.gif

=\ Thanks Suz, I so needed that about my home country. Actually, Singapore is less industrialized that Toronto. It had a lot more green compared to where I'm living.

Drug smugglers don't do good things too anyways.

#35 Marc

Marc
  • Emerald Clan
  • 3,242 posts
  • Interests:Maple Stor, Chess, Books, Playing with my friends,
    TEAM FORTRESS 2!

• Character Info:
    MaakuWiz : 97 I/L [Windia]

• Windia

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (SoullessFire @ Oct 1 2007, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
=\ Thanks Suz, I so needed that about my home country. Actually, Singapore is less industrialized that Toronto. It had a lot more green compared to where I'm living.

Rofl....You live in Toronto, that's kinda normal since it's a big city...<.< We have loads of green spaces where I live x.X

#36 Chikiiro

Chikiiro
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,605 posts

• Character Info:
    I QUITED!!!!

Nexon is a hoe

• Bera

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (SoullessFire @ Oct 1 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drug dealers and druggies basically live at my school.

#37 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    Serefino- Level 113 Ranger <-- Active, Bowmaster to be
    Masamunee- Level 92 White Knight <-- Inactive, Paladin to be
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:48 AM

I dunno what everyone's talking about currently, (I read Singapore or something) but my view on freedom of speech is that it's 'free' until you begin to violate another person's rights with that speech. IE: Neo Nazi groups promoting anti-Semitism.

#38 tehFluffz

tehFluffz
  • Ruby Clan
  • 918 posts

• Windia

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Masamune @ Oct 2 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but my view on freedom of speech is that it's 'free' until you begin to violate another person's rights with that speech. IE: Neo Nazi groups promoting anti-Semitism.

The biggest test of whether you actually believe in freedom of speech is if you can defend speech that you disagree with.

#39 Analogué

Analogué

And whatever time the deed took place... SUZ WAS NEVER THERE!

• Retired Admin
  • 6,191 posts

• Character Info:
    Ennazus L148 Blood Bishop
    Anaiogue L133 Corsair
    Xanthon L62 Hunter
    Rhyso L44 Assassin
    Osyhr L35 Spearman
    Dnalgne L21 KOC (BW)

• Windia

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (SoullessFire @ Oct 2 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! I wouldn't have mentioned it if you hadn't said Singapore doesn't have any problems! It's kind of my home country too remember? tongue.gif

#40 .Fuzzy

.Fuzzy
  • Emerald Clan
  • 115 posts

• Windia

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

um...sorry to get off topic of Singapore....
and I probably sound stupid for saying this but: can't you call people that live in the US of A Americans? and others North Americans and South Americans depending on where they live? I don't know probably just another stupid idea i had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users