1. an ideally perfect place, especially in its social, political, and moral aspects.
2. a work of fiction describing a utopia.
3. an impractical, idealistic scheme for social and political reform.
In all directions, there is darkness. Your breath puffs out in front of your face. Dimly you can see a landing, illuminated by an unknown source. A set of worn stone steps descend into the unknown darkness below, but as you try to move towards the stairs, a mysterious force holds you back.
You see movement in your peripheral vision. A chill runs down your spine. A pair of red eyes dart around wildly, as if searching for its prey, before disappearing. The unknown force still prevents you from taking any kind of action, and you let out a frustrated cry.
Patience, child. You are seized by a warm glow. You will understand your purpose soon, a voice intones. It is deep and melodious. You try to pinpoint its source, but fail - it seems to be coming from all around you.
"Who...what are you?" you cry out, fists clenched. "And what do you mean by 'my purpose?'" There is a silence. "Well?"
I cannot tell you more. If you want answers, seek out the Grim Angels. You are bursting with more questions, but you suddenly feel dizzy, and pass out.
You find yourself stranded in the forst, with only the clothes in your back and a satchel with your traveling tools. You have a strange feeling you are not alone in this strange place far from home. As you ponder your options, you remember the strange voice, telling you to find the Grim Angels if you wanted answers.
(stupid post merger!)
If you want to play, post with the following character sheet filled out. Your character MUST be approved before you can start posting. Be sure to read the rules below. If all of this seems intimidating, don't worry - we don't bite and always welcome new roleplayers!
Race (human, elf, ogre, etc.):
Weapon of Choice:
Alignment (good, evil, neutral):
- I can choose to kick you out at any time if you don't obey these rules.
- NO godmoding. This means controlling someone else's character or making something impossible or extremely unlikely happen. It's actually quite easy to accidentally godmode someone else's character. For example, if Mr. X hits Mrs. Y, then that's assuming Mr. X's blow connected, and Mrs. Y didn't dodge. Since it's so easy to do this unconsciously, be lenient on it. Also, you can't go: "My character turns everyone else into marshmallows and takes over the world! bwahahahaha!" for obvious reasons.
- All OOC chat needs to go in double parentheses (( )). Try to limit the amount of OOC chat unless it's relevant to the game.
- No one line posts, unless you are having a conversation. Also, do not put actions in '*' or '-'. Write your post like a story.
- Use proper grammar, no chatspeak/abbreviations, and try to make the sentences flow.
- No killing other players without their permission.
- I can choose to ban you from the game at any time for reasons not mentioned above.
**NOTE** I stole a few concepts from the GBA game Reviera: The Promised Land. hehe. ;
Edited by Lina, 17 June 2009 - 11:56 AM.