• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 ArcaneWolf

ArcaneWolf
  • Ruby Clan
  • 2,727 posts

• None

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

Nevermind. I'm gonna not apply to the thingy. Can't bring myself to submit it. Don't know why.

#22 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    KindIer - Lv 138 bowmaster
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Taliant @ Jun 18 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lina, what about Masa's app?

He needs a name. tongue.gif

#23 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    Serefino- Level 113 Ranger <-- Active, Bowmaster to be
    Masamunee- Level 92 White Knight <-- Inactive, Paladin to be
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

Kay, easy enough. I'll just go with Masa.

#24 Acorn-chan

Acorn-chan
  • Ruby Clan
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Bakura&lt;3

• Character Info:
    AcornChan: lvl. 60, bwahahahaa Cleric
    Quioo: lvl. 21 I/L
    Phynee: lvl. 12 Sin
    Ziroee: lvl. 1 HP Warrior
    BakurasPocky: lvl. 19 DW

• Windia

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneWolf @ Jun 18 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nevermind. I'm gonna not apply to the thingy. Can't bring myself to submit it. Don't know why.

What if you just give yourself a simple history?

#25 ArcaneWolf

ArcaneWolf
  • Ruby Clan
  • 2,727 posts

• None

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Acorn-chan @ Jun 18 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if you just give yourself a simple history?

I meant post anything as in rp. Just seems awkward for me.

#26 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

Approved, Alex.
Oh, and did I mention I was playing?

Click me!Click here to read!
Name: Grunk
Age/DOB: It's impossible to tell - orcs age quite differently from the other races.
Race: orc
Powers/Abilities: Has no obvious special abilities, but sometimes goes into fits of rage, although these are rare and far in between. Also has unusually heighted senses, even for orcs, who can be very sensitive creatures. However, this ability has its downsides, and Grunk is very afraid of loud noises (this can prove comical at times) and can't eat anything but raw meat. He can also play the lute beautifully and picks up other instruments rather quickly.
Profession: stone miner
Weapon of Choice: Grunk is a peace-loving creature. Besides, weapons make loud noises.
History: His father was a respected warrior, his mother one of the fairest maidens in the land. (although that's not saying much, considering we're talking about orcs here.) Grunk's brother had already risen to fame and prestige among the land, and his parents, especially his father, had high hopes for young Grunk. Indeed, Grunk was well on his way to stardom among the orcs, when unfortunately he was stepped on by a larger orc who wasn't watching where he was going. After that, he became very timid and his skill with the battle axe waned. His senses were heightened, but his father was furious, and ended up abandoning Grunk, too ashamed to do anything but. Grunk was then taken in by a band of traveling bards for a short time, where he exhibited an uncanny knack at playing the lute and making music. He traveled to many cities with the bards, but after a while he expressed his wishes to go back home. Although at first he wasn't accepted and laughed at, eventually he joined a guild of miners, who valued his talent at the lute, and didn't mind his clumsiness too much, as long as he didn't get in the way of their work. (which Grunk often did, but they thought him too funny to get rid of) Some day Grunk wishes to prove himself to his father, but he still can't bring himself to pick up a battle axe. Maybe he'll discover something as he goes on this journey to find the Grim Angels…
Alignment Is probably too stupid and indecisive to make up his mind.
Description: About six and a half feet tall, Grunk is somewhat short and stout for an orc. Still, he appears to be a very menacing character and towers over the average human or elf. However, Grunk does not have a very warlike mentality, and attempts to befriend everyone and everything, including random inanimate objects. His intelligence - or rather, lack of it - is more than made up for by his fierce loyalty to his companions, and is very adamant about standing up for what you believe in (although sometimes he gets confused about what this actually means, especially if big words are involved). Oftentimes, Grunk does not know his own strength, and causes 'accidents.' When he's around low-hanging ceilings, Grunk must take extra care. Grunk is much the clumsy character, and although he doesn't have special powers or abilities to offer to the group, he can lighten up dark moods and brings laughter everywhere he goes. (although oftentimes at his own expense)

[Close]

Edit: Ohkay, if everyone who wants to has had their app approved, I'd like to start this as soon as possible. Any last questions? biggrin.gif

Edited by Lina, 18 June 2009 - 08:40 PM.

#27 Taliant

Taliant

Leader of the Non-Existent Clan

• 639 posts
  • Interests:Maple-Radio.com, DJing, videogames,

• Character Info:
    Khaini:
    Taliant - Lv 7x Priest
    Chamoru - L4x STR-less Hunter

Windia:
    Poiiyanna - 12x Corsair
    GodOfRomance - 5x Fire Wizard
    TiruMikami - 4x Brawler

• Khaini

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

If later in the story it seems workable, can we introduce another character? We'd introduce them of course and what they do, but I imagine we each tell a story based on our surroundings, not just as a response to others, right? If so, there may come a time when a new character needs to be introduced. Or is this a bridge we'll cross when the time comes?

#28 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

Are you talking about NPCs, Taliant? NPCs can always be added to the story. smile.gif

#29 Acorn-chan

Acorn-chan
  • Ruby Clan
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Bakura&lt;3

• Character Info:
    AcornChan: lvl. 60, bwahahahaa Cleric
    Quioo: lvl. 21 I/L
    Phynee: lvl. 12 Sin
    Ziroee: lvl. 1 HP Warrior
    BakurasPocky: lvl. 19 DW

• Windia

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:30 AM

I'm drawing a picture of my character.
It looks like there's a sea urchin on his head o.o

#30 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:32 AM

What is the primary objective?

#31 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (JoeTang @ Jun 18 2009, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the primary objective?

There is none. smile.gif I guess you can make it whatever you want to be; perhaps getting out of the forest should be your immediate goal, and finding out more about the angels. I intentionally made it vague because I was too lazy to think up something original and didn't want to do a "slay-the-dragon-save-the-princess" plot. tongue.gif

And cos of this dumb post merger...This roleplay is now open. biggrin.gif

.: Characters :.

Saint of ShadowsClick here to read!
Name: Unknown - Referred to as "Saint of Shadows" due to most victims dying in the dark.
Player: SoullessFire
Age/DOB: Unknown
Race (human, elf, ogre, etc.): Elf outcast because of countless murders.
Powers/Abiities: Famed swordsman. Works well with darkness and has very quick strikes.
Profession: Professional assassin for secret organization.
Weapon of Choice: Daggers and swords, but prefers swords. Anything sharp that won't break will do, really. Has an entirely black bastard sword, with a highly decorated hilt.
History: Little is known. Appeared a few years ago, and is said to appear in the dead of the night to a very unfortunate victim. Generally leaves a trademark sign cut somewhere in the vicinity of the crime. Most victims happen to have semi well known bodyguards and have noticeable status in the public.
Alignment (good, evil, neutral): Chaotic Neutral. Serves only himself.
Description: Never seen in the day, but survivors of his attacks say he's clothed in black, always with a hood over his face. He shows no mercy to those who have attacked him, or his target, but leaves everything else unscathed. Thought to be mute, because never speaks. Incredibly silent as well.

[Close]

BakuraClick here to read!
Name: Bakura.
Player: Acorn-chan
Age/DOB: 14 years old; May 9, whatever year is fourteen years from whatever time this takes place.
Race (human, elf, ogre, etc.): Human who unwillingly sprouts one left wing, which painlessly falls off after about an hour, at random times for no reason whatsoever. 8D
Powers/Abilties: Intelligence, but is subtle about it. Can also use magic, but never learned how to do anything offensive.
Profession: Erh. Studentt..?
Weapon of Choice: Prefers not to fight, so doesn't carry around a weapon, but is pretty good with his fists if needed.
History: In school, he was known as the quiet kid who got near-perfect grades, if not perfect. He skipped two grades and knows everything in the curriculum for all of the next grades, so he considers school a waste of time. So even though he's a good kid, he doesn't go to school much. But his teachers love him, so they don't mark him absent. One day, when he actually bothered to go, he went back home to find that nobody in his family (mother, father, sister) was there. And they never came back, either. He never found out why, so that's pretty much a mystery, but for some reason, he's got a gut feeling that they were painfully slaughtered. Now, he lives there by himself (which is legal where he lives), and he can pretty much fend for himself.
Alignment (good, evil, neutral): Good, except when the "good" does something that he knows is wrong. Then he's neutral, but he's not really a traitor.
Description: Doesn't speak much, unless someone directs something to him. Doesn't fight much unless he gets really angry, or it's a life/death situation. Isn't friends with a lot of people, because of his lack of social skills. Is cautious, and would much rather make the safe decision over the exciting decision. Doesn't find a lot of time to sleep, but never really seems to be tired. Is an overachiever. Pretty calm 99% of the time.
Messy, long, silver hair, apart from the chunks framing his face, which are black. SILVER, DUDES. NOT WHITE WITH A PURPLISH TINGE D: It's darker and shinier than Bakurafromyugioh's :3 He doesn't spend too much time on it (another waste of time), apart from washing it and brushing it a little, which doesn't really help with the messiness. Doesn't bother to cut it, either. Bright green eyes, because ALL of my favorite OCs have green eyes. Tallish, and skinny without a lot of muscle.

[Close]

MasaClick here to read!
Name: Masa
Player: Masamune
Age/DOB: 19
Race (human, elf, ogre, etc.): Human/lineage has one of the ancestors to be a Fallen Reaper.

Powers/Abilities: Wind magic, separated into three categories: offensive, defensive and supportive.
Offensive: Arranged into ranks from E to SS; however, anything above D rank become increasingly straining on his body; anything above A rank is physically dangerous to him as well as the opponent, and SS rank has a high fatality rate for both him and those in a wide radius of the attack. Standard offensive ability is to form a spear of wind.
Defensive: Does not have as many ranks; from E to A. However, the defenses are a bit lacking for wind magic since it is purely offensive/supportive based magic; cannot form effective shields against melee weapons; it can only slow down incoming projectile weapons and help to defend against other magics.
Support: Basically enhancements, such as enhancing movement speed and changing flight path and speed of fired projectile. However, despite being aligned with wind, he cannot fly.

Profession: Lost kid
Weapon of Choice: (Wind Composed) Lance/Spear, Bow and Arrow
History: He started out an exchange student from modern day Riviera and was presented with two choices: to travel to spatial or chronological dimensions. He chose the latter and ended up here
Alignment (good, evil, neutral): Good but extremely confused.
Description: Like any other testosterone-saturated teenager his age: brash, impulsive, sarcastic. However, he is physically underwhelming, but he makes up for it with his uncanny ability to notice the presence of others nearby, making him the quintessential ranger/scout.

[Close]

ScarcyClick here to read!
Name: Scarcy
Player: Taliant
Age/DOB: 17, April 12.
Race (human, elf, ogre, etc.): Human
Powers/Abiities:
-Thieving- Self explanatory. Quite good at it, only other thieves might notice, but of course exceptions are made.
-Imitation- If he is hit with some sort of special skill and isn't rendered unconscious, he can use the same sort of skill right back at the target. Limitations, however, is that he can only imitate the last move that actually hit him. If another move hits him, he instantly forgets it and moveso nto the next. And also of course, he probably won't be perfect at a skill's use if he is not familiar with it.
-Hiding- Can make himself invisible for short periods of time. Quite a bit of strain to do, and those with supernatural intelligence (think wizards, not smart students) can usually detect him, depending the scenario. (If in a town with little places to generally hide, he's easier to detect. In a spooky forest, hardto detect.
-Tunneling- Able to make tunnels in the ground. ...Nothing spectacular about that...
-Other- He has a pet raccoon named Shred, which helps him with his thieving. Pretty intelligent, understands most of what Scarcy says, and has one ability of his own. Shred can disguise himself as an object or other things as something else. Sort of like Scarcy's hiding, except instead of invsible, the image of them is replaced with that of something in the surrounding area. Shred cannot disguise other people for very long, unless combined with a skill like hiding, which makes the two harder to find. of course, they can still be hit in this state, they are invisible, not invulnerable.
Profession: Loner Thief
Weapon of Choice: Bow and Arrow, Throwing Knives, Fists.
History:
An orphan who lost his parents to a war, Scarcy grew up in a church for the first 10 years of his life. He was miserable there, and ran away as soon as he could. He started on the streets and noticed how easy it was to steal from people and started making a living on that. However, he only steals from those that can afford to lose it, unless the situation is dire.
On his travels, he ran into a baby raccoon who seemed to be abandoned. He adopted the creature and named it Shred after it tore into his shirt. The two of them made an excellent stealing duo, Shred being small and easily unnoticed, and Scarcy just seeming to have a talent for all this. One day, Scarcy stumbled into other abilities. Could his parents have been some sort of special people? He didn't understand where these things came from, but felt perhaps his parents didn't completely abandon him. He practiced his new found abilities to make them work. His imitation still needed work, however, as he couldn't pull off foreign abilities quite as excellent as the one who used them. He resides in busy cities where his thieving goes unnoticed. Usually, Shred and him aren't seen together and they meet up in secluded places to share their stolen goods (usually food).
Alignment (good, evil, neutral): Neutrally good. He isn't completely apathetic, he wants good for the world, but he isn't exactly doing good things. He's not stealing from the rich to give to the poor, he's giving to himself for survival and luxury to a point.
Description: An odd dark blue hair color, blue eyes, about 5'10. Clothes change every so often to give a different appearance (has many costume changes. Hey when you can "afford" it, you flaunt it). Current Icon = face. He is not "Muscled" but he is "toned" and can take a hit pretty well.
His personality is... interesting. He is quite perverse (he's friggin seventeen, hormones are seriously going) and probably would be fooled by people if sex is involved (doesn't matter with who or what... usually). He's actually a nice person if spoken to, but usually he brushes off conversation with others. He doesn't wish to be noticed, so it makes things difficult to get to know anyone. Course, if he is approached by someone who just wishes to say hi, he'll make small talk then try to excuse himself.

[Close]

Luke StormClick here to read!
Name: Luke Storm
Player: JoeTang
Age/DOB: 18/Unknown
Race (human, elf, ogre, etc.): Half Angel
Powers/Abilities: Flight, enhanced eye sight, reflexes, speed, and strength
Profession: Expert Marksman, and hand to hand combat
Weapon of Choice: G36C, MSG90A1, USP Tactical 45.
History:
<div class="spo_all"><div class="spo_top" onclick="spo_me(this);"><span class="spo_option">WALLOFTEXT:</span><span class="spo_desc">Click here to read!</span></div><div class="spoiler">
Awakening in a forest alone, a young man finds himself laying on his back, staring at the sky through the intertwining branches above. The great wooden walls around him extend to the clouds above as he reaches towards the glimmer of the sun.

"Who am I...?", the young man asks the clouds.

Shading his eyes with his outstretched hand, his thoughts race as he tries to find himself. As he tries to find his name. The sound of birds singing their tune echo throughout the woods as leaves are heard crunching from nearby wildlife. Sitting up, his blue hair shakes as he runs his fingers through it, ridding it of foliage and dirt.

Looking down at himself, he sees his attire. Black. Clothed in full black, his limbs and torso are all but completely armoured in bullet resistant equipment. Putting his hands to his knees, he pushes himself up to his feet. Moving his arms and legs, he recognises the armour as being made for agility, speed, and movement, as opposed to high caliber defense. Though it would normally pose a hindrance from the weight in any case, he feels no restriction in his movement. Looking down to his feet, he sees a satchel next to him. Crouching down lightly, he unzips the large duffel bag to uncover three cases. Opening the largest one, measuring about 130 cm, he sees a high powered semi-automatic sniper rifle inside.

"MSG90A1...", he mumbles.

Lifting it with ease, he picks up a magazine and loads it into the feed. Cocking the rifle, he spins around and zeroes on the slightest movement in the brush. Easing his rifle down, he sets the safety, and reaches back into the case to extract the remaining ammunition and the holding strap. Attaching it to the rifle, he slings it over his back and reaches down for the next case. Without even opening it, he recognises what's inside.

"G36 Compact.", he says this time with utmost confidence.

Pulling out the close quarter combat variant of what he realises to be his favourite assault rifle, he loads it, and checks down its sight to verify he can aim without a scope. Focusing his eyes, he begins to get dizzy. Taking a step back to regain his balance, he notices things appear closer than before. Holding the gun tightly to his shoulder, he aims down the sights and focuses his eyes again. Willingly, his vision enhances what he's seeing, zooming in on the distant leaves easily a hundred metres away to what feels like one. The comfort felt in his hands as he grips his rifle is nostalgic. Without even test firing, he recognises that what he's feeling is right. That what he's seeing is real and true. That he could make that shot, on that exact leaf, one hundred meters away, with this rifle, easily and simply. But he still cannot remember his name. Placing a similar strap as the MSG-90 to his assault rifle, he hangs across his left shoulder, folding the stock out of the way and holstering it inside a slot in his right pant leg, conveniently designed to fit his rifle.

Reaching for the last case inside the satchel, his hopes reach out that it might contain some information about who he really is. About why he has such great military knowledge. Why he can visually see further distances without the aid of telescopic sights. Why he feels no extra strain despite carrying a 7kg sniper rifle, and holding a 3kg assault rifle. Why he's here in this forest, reminiscing about grim angels and his destiny. But he knows too well that inside that case isn't his identity. Not in the sense that he wants to know. Though what is inside may be what he is, he still does not know who he is. Opening it, he takes the folding knife out and attaches it to the right side of his belt, above his assault rifle. He takes the pistol out and places it inside the holster, attaching it to the left side of his belt. He bends down again to check the remaining contents of the satchel, lest he forget something. The inside contains nothing more than dust and some insects who seemed to have crawled in while he was unconscious. He droops his head down and sighs, closing his eyes and contemplating his purpose.

"Understand it soon, eh...", he mutters to himself.

Just as he though all hope for meaning was lost, he hears a sound. The slight jingle of steel shaking resonates past all the noise from the dark woods, as a slight tug pulls down on his neck. Opening his eyes, he sees, dangling below him, a set of dog tags. Smiling for the first time since his awakening, he lifts the piece of metal with a winged sword design to his eyes and reads,

"Luke Storm".

Looking ahead, towards the darkness of the forest ahead, he takes a step forward towards his destiny.

<span class="spo_close" onclick="this.parentNode.style.display='none';">[Close]</span></div></div>

Alignment (good, evil, neutral): Neutral

Description:
Sky blue hair. It's long enough that he wants to push his bangs to the sides, but doesn't get in his eyes, nor does it cover over his ears or the back of his neck. His eyes fade between shades of blue, green, and yellow, depending on the situation and his own focus. Standing at 175cm (5'8"), he has a lean build. His clothes are oddly tactical in appearance, completely black and in bullet resistant equipment, though no helmet. Despite this, he doesn't feel extra pressure from the weight, nor does it restrict his movements much. Though he does move more slowly than he could wearing the burdensome armour, it is yet an incredible speed greater still than even an Olympic athletes with the agility and reflexes to match. Discovering this soon after gaining consciousness, he realises that his eye sight has the ability to focus distance, allowing him to easily perceive objects possibly hundreds of meters away with as much definition and clarity as if he were next to it.
Having awoken in a forest, after what seemed to be a dream, he recognises nothing personal about himself. Knowing not his name, nor his home, nor his loved ones, he finds comfort in recognising the equipment laid out before him. Armed with this knowledge, and his re-found name, Luke Storm strives forward to find his destiny in this broken world.

[Close]

GrunkClick here to read!
Name: Grunk
Player: Lina
Age/DOB: It's impossible to tell - orcs age quite differently from the other races.
Race: orc
Powers/Abilities: Has no obvious special abilities, but sometimes goes into fits of rage, although these are rare and far in between. Also has unusually heighted senses, even for orcs, who can be very sensitive creatures. However, this ability has its downsides, and Grunk is very afraid of loud noises (this can prove comical at times) and can't eat anything but raw meat. He can also play the lute beautifully and picks up other instruments rather quickly.
Profession: stone miner
Weapon of Choice: Grunk is a peace-loving creature. Besides, weapons make loud noises.
History: His father was a respected warrior, his mother one of the fairest maidens in the land. (although that's not saying much, considering we're talking about orcs here.) Grunk's brother had already risen to fame and prestige among the land, and his parents, especially his father, had high hopes for young Grunk. Indeed, Grunk was well on his way to stardom among the orcs, when unfortunately he was stepped on by a larger orc who wasn't watching where he was going. After that, he became very timid and his skill with the battle axe waned. His senses were heightened, but his father was furious, and ended up abandoning Grunk, too ashamed to do anything but. Grunk was then taken in by a band of traveling bards for a short time, where he exhibited an uncanny knack at playing the lute and making music. He traveled to many cities with the bards, but after a while he expressed his wishes to go back home. Although at first he wasn't accepted and laughed at, eventually he joined a guild of miners, who valued his talent at the lute, and didn't mind his clumsiness too much, as long as he didn't get in the way of their work. (which Grunk often did, but they thought him too funny to get rid of) Some day Grunk wishes to prove himself to his father, but he still can't bring himself to pick up a battle axe. Maybe he'll discover something as he goes on this journey to find the Grim Angels…
Alignment Is probably too stupid and indecisive to make up his mind.
Description: About six and a half feet tall, Grunk is somewhat short and stout for an orc. Still, he appears to be a very menacing character and towers over the average human or elf. However, Grunk does not have a very warlike mentality, and attempts to befriend everyone and everything, including random inanimate objects. His intelligence - or rather, lack of it - is more than made up for by his fierce loyalty to his companions, and is very adamant about standing up for what you believe in (although sometimes he gets confused about what this actually means, especially if big words are involved). Oftentimes, Grunk does not know his own strength, and causes 'accidents.' When he's around low-hanging ceilings, Grunk must take extra care. Grunk is much the clumsy character, and although he doesn't have special powers or abilities to offer to the group, he can lighten up dark moods and brings laughter everywhere he goes. (although oftentimes at his own expense)

[Close]

.: Places :.

This land is a complex place. This is by no means a comprehensive guide to all the wonders you will encounter.

Modern Day RevieraClick here to read!

A city that holds many secrets. It is the chief human stronghold, but the city welcomes all travelers who enter its gates.

creator

[Close]

Casporene ForestClick here to read!

Beautifully stunning, the weather is warm all year round, and it is rumored fairies work their magic here.

creator

[Close]

The Telling PoolClick here to read!

Legend has it any creature who drinks from its waters will become immortal. It is located in the middle of Casporene.

creator

[Close]

Phantom CityClick here to read!

Thoroughly spooky. Travelers that enter have a habit of disappearing.

creator

[Close]

EupheriaClick here to read!

The mystical home of the elves. No human has ever set foot in this sacred land.

creator

[Close]

Mirinas CityClick here to read!

Home to the dwarves. Mountains back the city, while many miles of rocky trail to the front make this an impenetrable fortress and almost impossible to find.

creator

[Close]

**NOTE** I did not create any of these pictures, nor do I own them. happy.gif;

Edited by Lina, 20 June 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#32 Taliant

Taliant

• 639 posts

• Character Info:
    Khaini:
    Taliant - Lv 7x Priest

Windia:
    Poiiyanna - 12x Corsair
    TiruMikami - 4x Brawler

• Khaini

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:38 AM

((I assume this means we must start from the forest. I guess I'll start us off. I also assume we are all in the same forest, but in different sectors, and the decision to run into anyone is our own.))

"Ugh, my head..." Scarcy awoke with Shred whimpering at him. He took him in his hands.
"Hey, it's okay, I'm all right. Just... I had the weirdest dream..." Scarcy told Shred all about his dream and something mentioning Grim Angels. Of course, Shred just looked at him blankly. Scarcy wasn't expecting a response, just wanted to vent.

"So... where are we anyway? Besides that crazy dream, last I remember we were in town... Any chance you recall what happened, Shred?" Scarcy turned to his companion who only shrugged.
"Well, did you have the same dream?" Shred just cocked his head to the side.
"That narrows things down... Too bad you can't talk..." Scarcy sighed. "Well, guess we should find a way out of here, come on. We'll stick together for now..."

Scarcy got up, and dusted himself off. Suddenly he froze up, and checked his bag, but then smiled. Everything was still as he left it, as he could last remember. With a deep breath, Scarcy started his journey of getting the hell out of... wherever the hell he was.... with Shred following at his heels.

Just then, Shred let out a low squeal. Scarcy turned back to see his companion waving his hands, as if to say "no, stop."
"What's wrong, Shred? A trap?" Shred shook his head no. "Saying we got company?" Shred nodded. "Alright, stay with me in the trees, but go into stealth mode alright?" Shred nodded and climbed into the trees. Scarcy took out his bow with a quiver of arrows, and cautiously moved deeper into the forest.

((There, i set it up so either someone can meet up with me, or I can find some sort of creature to fight if I want. Or both. Feel free to bump into me, but I recommend making yourself an intro thing first like i did so you can get going. I imagine our posts are not chronological in the times, so one could say before Scarcy woke up, someone else did or whatever. ;D ))

#33 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

Grunk woke up slowly, blinking profusely so his eyes could adjust to the bright light. He became aware that something was tickling his nose. Oh, brother, Grunk, here it com—

"Ahh…Ahh-choo!" His tremendous sneeze immediately caused a flock of birds to flee their perches. Squirrels scampered away, having never seen creatures more than half Grunk’s height.

Grunk wiped his nose and got into a sitting position. Above him, a thick canopy of trees allowed only slivers of sunlight to filter through, but the sunlight that did make it through was incredibly bright, illuminating the whole forest. Trees stretched their branches to the sky, while the vegetation below seemed to be growing on top of each other, thick vines and bushes and plant bushes competing for the little sunlight that still managed to filter through the boughs above.

What disturbed Grunk was that the forest seemed to be moving. Grunk himself was nestled uncomfortably on some squishy substance that seemed to have a life of its own, shifting constantly underneath his bottom.

There were also the noises: tiny noises that Grunk’s sharpened hearing nevertheless picked up, a rustle here, a twitter there. It made his head hurt. He wished he was home, sitting next to the firelight, muching on some delicious rabbit before curling up to sleep and having pleasant dreams…

Dreams? Grunk vaguely remembered having one before he woke up here. One about angels and dark places and other not-so-nice things.

And the eyes. The eyes were what chilled Grunk to the bone. Bloodred, constantly darting around, pupils dilated like that of a snake’s. Grunk shuddered. Maybe he should think of more happy things. At least there should be plently to eat here.

He glanced around the small clearing. His things lay in one corner – a small raggedy sack with no more than a few keepsakes from home, really. The forest surrounded him on all sides. Grunk felt at a loss for what to do. He was about to resort to eeny-meeny-miney-mo when something glinted briefly in Grunk’s peripheral vision. Grunk lumbered towards it.

It was a small stone, no bigger than a pebble, really. It was a sea-blue color, and was polished til it was smooth and round, and boy did it shine. Pleased with his find, (especially since it was shiney), Grunk carefully tucked it in his bag, before beginning in which directions he roughly considered north, south, east, and west:

Eeny meeny miney mo, catch an ogre by the toe….

#34 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

Ugh... Where the hell am I? Looks like I botched that last mission, huh.

Waking up in a forest area, the Saint of Shadows looks around groggily. Checking to see what he had, he found his sword broken and only had a dagger to use. ...!@%!%!#@$!@%! Throwing off a sigh, he walks smoothly around the strange forest he woke up in. By the gods, how'd I get here?

The ancient forest was misty and unknown. Random critters fled from the presence of the "Saint", detecting the murderous intent in him... Bored and slightly aggravated, he tried to remember how he got there.

Let's see... Tried to kill that guy, some bloody guard detected me, killed him, then alarm raised, threw dagger at target.... God damn it, how did my sword break?!!? Hm.. Must've broken it killing the guards. I need a new sword. One that won't break and is eternally sharp. Mm.. I guess I should go to Eupheria, and get my ass kicked by those elves with some screwed up sense of justice, huh? Least they'll have a good weapon I can probably steal. Mm... Probably should get some help from someone.

He moved in one direction, marking the trees with his dagger. ...This forest is tainted by magic.

It wasn't before long that he found himself standing in front of a giant Grizzly. ...Great time to have a broken sword, huh.

((I italicized the guy's thoughts cause he's mute))

Edited by SoullessFire, 20 June 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#35 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:24 AM

Sunlight filtered through the canopy of the trees, washing over his slender features, beckoning for him to awaken. There was no response.

As if completely undaunted, the sunlight gradually intensified as the day progressed forward, eventually supported by the various conversations of the forest's fauna, evoking a slight contorting of his face; he was beginning to stir.

His hands gripped at patches of dirt underneath them, unearthing a small area of decaying vegetation and moist soil as his face contorted even further, into a grimace. There was a pounding in his head which very clearly made its presence known, telling him delightedly that it would accompany him whether he wished it or not.

The area looked unfamiliar as he sat up and looked about. It was an ocean of dark emerald as far as his eyes could see, shimmering in the wake of the golden rays. To him, it was a pleasant change from the drab, gray, almost barren streets of Reviera, where the structures ignored the presence of humans and spent their days reaching for the heavens. It almost seemed... natural.

The continued throbbing forced him to clutch his forehead and abandon his momentary admiration of the surroundings, as a low guttural groan escaped from his lips. Where exactly was he? Where exactly was this place?

Out of the corner of his eye, an object had snared his attention. Still holding onto his forehead, he crawled toward the object cautiously before stopping a foot away from it.

"A bow?" He wondered aloud. He crept closer, until he stared almost directly down upon it. The bow gleamed slightly, almost eagerly as it awaited for him to pick it up.

The wooden felt almost surreal as his free hand grasped one the limbs. Ignoring the continued pain in his head, he lowered his occupied hand and grabbed the other free limb with it and lifted it to his face, staring at it in wonder. The construction of the bow was beyond anything he had ever witnessed before. He had practiced archery for some time back in Reviera, but the bows there were made almost like the city: dull, metallic and devoid of life. It was as though the forest itself had breathed life into the weapon.

The rustling of a nearby brush caused him to spin ninety degrees to his right. He raised the bow in the direction of the brush before realizing stupidly that the bow was utterly useless without any shafts with which to fire. There wisest course of action would probably be to stay on alert and flee if necessary.

Moments ticked by steadily as the rustling continued, giving birth to an artificial and tense atmosphere as he continued staring at the brush with alertness. There was no telling what was going to emerge...

All of a sudden, a dark figure bolted from it, causing him to step backward in surprise. There was a tug upon his leg; he felt his sense of balance shifting as his torso began to lean backward, but only for a brief second as gravity ushered him into its grasp, forcing him to collide with the ground with considerable force.

"Ouch..." he muttered; more pain was the last thing he needed as he saw the figure continue to bolt. He berated himself for his stupidity as he recognized the figure. It was a deer, probably a young stag judging from the size of the horns, although the distance between the two could have caused him to mistake it.

A low growl caused him to ignore the pain that was running about in his back as he stared at the brush again. There was no time for him to wait with uneasy anticipation as a greyish-brown figure leapt from the brush and stared at him with malicious eyes. It was apparent that it had been chasing the deer, but a new meal had appeared it front of it, unable to run. It bared its fangs, praising its luck in a messy fashion, slobbering all over the place.

He had no idea what he was going to do. He doubted he could escape; there was less than ten feet between the beast and him, and he was laying there on his back. It was an open dinner invitation no matter what perspective he approached it from.

He groaned in frustration; going to the library was a bad idea after all.

#36 Taliant

Taliant

• 639 posts

• Character Info:
    Khaini:
    Taliant - Lv 7x Priest

Windia:
    Poiiyanna - 12x Corsair
    TiruMikami - 4x Brawler

• Khaini

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:21 AM

((Since yours seems the most likely for me to run into at this time, masa, I'm coming to you!))

A rustle in the distance was heard. Scarcy drew an arrow and positioned to fire, but stopped when he saw it wasn't running towards him. A deer passed him buy, trotting very heavily. Whatever way it was coming from must have been dangerous, which meant was likely to be coming soon. Scarcy ducked down, and muttered something before fading in what seemed to be nothingness.

'Better hope it can't sense me...'

Scarcy slowly moved towards the deer's previous path, ever cautious not to break his enchantment. A wrong move could make him lose control of it easily. There was nothing in his sights yet, till he saw some sort of greyish-brown figure letting out a loud growl, with some poor living being on the ground in front of him.

Dispelling his invisibility, Scarcy shot an arrow from behind a tree before the creature pounced its prey. It was thrown off balance, and turned to Scarcy's direction. Taking a look, it reminded him of some sort of bear, but looked much larger with a look of pure anger in its eyes.

'Crap, what did I get myself into...'

The creature seemed torn as to what it should attack before deciding to defend itself and beelined for Scarcy's hiding spot. Its speed was incredible, Scarcy had little time to react. Just before it reached him, a cloud of smoke appeared and no longer did Scarcy appear in that spot, but an exact replica of the creature. It stopped, clearly confused. What was once an idle threat just turned serious. It let out a roar at its replica. The replica... let out a low squeal.

'Ugh, Shred... Bad move.'

The creature now seemed confident and swiped at its replica. Another cloud of smoke puffed around the area, and all that was seen was Scarcy with Shred on his head.

"Ah shit..." Scarcy let out before being thrown sideways from a slash to the torso from the creatures claws. Shred recovered more quickly than his master, and threw a few pebbles at the creature in an attempt to defend Scarcy, but the creature was clearly unphased. It seemed the boy-thief was in the same position as the creature's previous prey... But his right arm started to pulsate... his hand became a claw just like the creature's. The being started to pounce and Scarcy desperately swung his newfound claw blindly at the creature, unsure of the results. Luck was on his side, as it clearly stunned this monster, but still not in the most tactical position to fight in.

((I'll leave it at there and let you choose to either rescue me or run away, Masa. Could say all this happened rather quickly compared to what was read.))

#37 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

The canopies above shade most of the sunlight from reaching the foliage-covered floor, but doesn't stop the heat from radiating down on the dense brush. Despite the sun at a low angle, the heat from the long day still lingers. Looking upwards, Luke notes the height of his surrounding giants. Scouting upwards of 150 meters in some places, he scans each he passes one by one, from the base of the trunk to the sky. Each tree varying in design, broken by weather, fire, wildlife, and regrown showing their strength against adversity, they stand tall and firm, wavering not to the wind that cries against them nor buckling against the fleeting life they protect. Observing the species of bird perching against the think branches, Luke walks towards a far off tree. Its height not significant compared to its neighbours, its youth peaks out from the loftier branches present near the base. Visualising each foothold, Luke grabs hold of a branch above his height, and pulls himself up. Despite the weight of his weaponry, he easily lifts himself over the branch. Removing his assault rifle, he hooks it on a small branch, barely a foot out of the trunk.

'The last thing I want is a branch to break from some extra weight', Luke says to himself, 'not to mention it's in my way.' With no worry or strain across his face as he pulls himself towards the sky, he inspects each branch to ensure it can support the mass he carries, and lifts himself upwards. The sky appearing nowhere nearer, he feels the sunlight beat against his back as the leaves become thinner. Looking forward, he can see the tree line extending on to what seemed like eternity. Continuing his effortless climb, a more ominous view appears in opposing the distance. A complete contrast to the neverending forest, a dark mountain range looms. The peaks shrouded by black clouds, lightning can be seen streaking across the skies. Against the shadows and flashes, Luke sees something else. A light orange glow is present against the black clouds. Focusing his eyesight to a greater magnification, he feels a strain. The distance being too great for him to magnify, he almost loses his balance.

'Goddamnit,' Luke mutters. Reaffirming his grip against the branches, he holds his rifle to his face. With the combination of his scope and eyesight, he verifies the presence of more than just stone against the mountain backdrop. Deep past the mountains, the glow of life can be seen radiating onto the dark cumulonimbus clouds hovering above, and ever so faintly, against the harsh granite giants. On the face of the mountains, small lights barely visible to even Luke are glowing their warm embrace. Looking up, the once clear sky is darkening. Storm clouds embrace the slowly setting sunlight as they roar in from the North. A strong wind blows into Luke's face and birds begin to flee past him as the rain takes its merciless fall in the distance.
'That does not look good...,' Luke moans. Looking back South, an ever peaceful scene is present, as the birds soar towards a safer setting. Putting his rifle down, Luke sighs, slinging it against his back again as he prepares for the climb down.

Adjusting his footing, Luke drops down from one branch to another, carefully easing his legs to absorb the impact, and sliding to the next quickly as not to break them. Dropping off the last ten metres straight onto the leaf-covered floor, he rolls in such a way as to not damage his sniper. Feeling no pain from what would normally be a damaging fall, he stands up. Sprinting towards the tree, he steps vertically up the trunk. Running up the trunk, Luke grabs onto his G36 in a jump, doing a backflip, with a perfect landing. Placing the assault rifle parallel to his sniper, so it does not obstruct his leg, he begins sprinting North.

'It's got to be here somewhere,' Luke spouts to himself, almost frantically. Searching for something he saw out of the corner of his eye while climbing, he sprints towards the storm. The sound of rain pelting the canopies above become more audible as it makes its way towards him. His search yields fruit as he finds what he is looking for. Ahead of him, he sees a tree whose trunk has a large opening. Leaping towards the gap, he barely finds himself inside before the rainfall soaks the surrounding ground. The trunk is amazingly large. Outstretching his arms, Luke finds plenty of space to move without touching the edges still. Laying his rifles on the ground beside him, he leans his back against the wood to wait out the storm.

((If you can't tell, I'm heading towards Mirinas. The thunderstorm is more localised. Doesn't have to hit you guys despite being in the same forest, since this place is seemingly gigantic, I assume, but if you want to work that into your story, that'd be cool. This is taking place closer to sunset by the way; won't be moving until sunrise.))

#38 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:

• Windia

Posted 21 June 2009 - 04:24 AM

Run... run... run.... RUN! The thoughts exploded within his head, fighting alongside the throbbing headache for dominance as he stared at the scene before him.

But he couldn't. He stared weakly at his nimble savior, a young boy about his age, who had managed to somehow evade and counter the beast, limbs paralyzed with fear as he watched fear scrawl itself onto his rescuer's face before the creature fell, stunned. He did not know how the stranger accomplished it, but it had appeared as though a gigantic claw of sorts was summoned to fell the beast, whose breathing dispelled any hope that he may have had.

Finish it already! A nasty voice whispered to him, slapping him out of his temporary state of paralysis. He looked at his hand, which was still clutching the shimmering bow.

He laughed at himself slightly in a sarcastic manner. Finish that beast... with this? He thought to himself, continuing to stare incredulously at the bow, which would be lucky to even serve as a competent staff.

A snort alerted him to the present situation; the beast had risen up again shaking it head in frustration. There were now three potential meals from which to choose from. Two had attacked back, although they had not demonstrated much of a threat.

Normal, sentient creatures would have been able to add two and one together but it seemed as though the beast was a clear exemption from this, as its eyes shifted from the furry critter to the newcomer and back to the bewildered teenager, who had managed to overcome his temporary paralysis and kneel upon on one knee.

He clutched the bow with two hands, hoping against hope that the bow would provide as some means of a barrier should the monster be even remotely intelligent enough to attack him.

Perhaps the monster was smart enough to actually make a decision as its rear legs dug into the soft earth to generate a powerful headstart.

He flinched as the monster moved with even more ferocity, roaring in triumph with its fangs bared. The two rescuers were unable to react in time, as all they could do was stare in surprise that it hadn't targetted them. He was unable to do anything; rooted even more firmly to the ground than the surrounding trees; all he could do was drop the bow beside him, close his eyes and stick his arms out and prepare for the worst.

"Get away!" he yelled, frightened, while his mind and heart were racing, thinking of some way to conjure up a method to save himself...

Instead of the sharp, intense pain he had expected, there was nothing. Nothing but a violent gust, followed by a heavy thud and whimper.

"W...what happened?" he wondered to himself as he opened his eyes. He saw the beast one last time before it dove into the brush from whence it came, before looking over at his rescuers. They appeared to be wearing the same, bewildered stare as he did, although the raccoon-like creature seemed to always look like that.

(*insert Final Fantasy victory music*; guess we're traveling together Tal... now explain to me where the heck I am. I am so lost.)

#39 Taliant

Taliant

• 639 posts

• Character Info:
    Khaini:
    Taliant - Lv 7x Priest

Windia:
    Poiiyanna - 12x Corsair
    TiruMikami - 4x Brawler

• Khaini

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

After noticing the stunned creature, Scarcy could only wonder what it would do next. But to his surprise, it gave up on him and Shred, and ran towards its previous target. Scarcy could only look at the poor guy being targeted as he shouted at it held his hands out to protect himself... but... something odd happened. A strong gust of wind came out of no where and the creature was thrown back, perhaps some cuts forming on it as well. The beast finally gave up as it whimpered away from them.

'Wow, lucky break.' Scarcy thought as he managed to get himself up, even though he was bleeding a little from being slashed. The injury didn't hurt too much, it seemed his clothes absorbed a good portion of the blow; it just stung like a cat scratch. It also seemed Scarcy still had the claw for a hand, which may prove to be a nuisance. Shred dove into Scarcy's bag of things to grab something for the bleeding, and grabbed a rather worn looking shirt. "Thanks, Shred," said Scarcy as he tore and wrapped it around the side of his stomach. He put the remains of the torn shirt in his bag and walked up to the previous prey, who appeared to be a guy about his age.

"Good timing for that freak wind storm, eh?" Scarcy said as he extended the non-claw hand out to the guy. "I'm Scarcy, and that furry guy is Shred." He motioned with his head to the raccoon scampering up to them, then climbing up Scarcy to his shoulder, perching himself.

'Guess it can't hurt to be friendly for now... Perhaps he can get me out of this forest...'

Edited by Taliant, 21 June 2009 - 01:44 PM.

#40 Lina

Lina
  • Ruby Clan
  • 5,779 posts

• Character Info:
    Vivalta - Lv 80 priest
    Alucida - Lv 40 evan

• Aquila

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

Grunk had been walking for awhile now, in the direction he roughly considered north, using the sun as his guide. The noonday heat had somewhat abated now; it was cool as the sun dipped towards the western horizon. Twilight did not look that far off. As Grunk searched for a spot to make camp and perhaps get a bite to eat, he felt the first fat raindrop land on his nose. Several more quickly followed, the soil soaking up the rain greedily. Soon, Grunk felt himself swallowed up in the massive downpour.

Grunk find shelter now…” Grunk muttered under his breath, although he could see no nook or cranny that would possibly shelter him from the peltering rain. He pushed on through the dense brush, knowing that staying would benefit him none.

Finally, the orc broke through to a clearing, and his darting eyes noticed a gap between the trees, perfect for waiting out the storm. However, he could also make out something already nestled in the crack, something an odd sky blueish color...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users