If you are having issues with creating a page or uploading an image, please create a new thread in this forum describing your issue and we shall attend to your problem as soon as possible. Thank you.
These rules are as follows:
- All screenshots MUST be in JPEG (.jpg) format. If you have to use Fraps, you are encouraged to register it so that you may take JPEG screenshots.
- All screenshots MUST be an original, unedited screenshot. This means no blanking out your name. Posting an edited screenshot will get your report removed and your account banned.
(Rule may be amended to allow requests to blank out the name in screenshots by MN sysops)
- When taking a screenshot, try to get as much of the following information as possible:
* A clear shot of the actual infraction (A mob of vacced monsters, someone taking no or very little damage, damage numbers and attacks in wrong places, etc...)
* The reported character's info window (mainly the left half that contains the character's vital stats. Lists of equipment and pets are not required, so you can usually stick this in a corner.)
* The minimap. (This is used to show that the character present in the screenshot are actually present, and not just placed there.)
- When making your report, upload your screenshot to the database under the name of the person being reported. (for example, if I'm reporting Spearman481, the file should be named spearman481.jpg) If you wish to rename the file, copy it to another location, right click it, and select rename. DO NOT OPEN IT INTO AN EDITOR AND SAVE AS TO RENAME IT AS IT WILL BE CONSIDERED AN EDIT. If you are unsure of the exact spelling of the character's name, use the save name feature in game (right click -> Save Name) and paste it into a text document or somewhere that's easily accessible. With this you should include a short description of the actual infraction, when, and what world you encountered it on.
- If the screen shot is not indefinite proof and the said hacker has evidence based off the screen shot that would mean that they are falsely accused or lagging, it is possible that it will be open for debate on the removal of the screen shot.
Also until the database is back you will need to have some type of account on a image uploading site (I recommend PhotoBucket). Once you upload the screenshot on to your account use the [.img][./img] tags for showing it in your post. This is a temporary solution that will last as long as the Database is down.
Adding the world to your image description is very much needed, as the hacker in question could already be off-rank.
Although posting screen shots of multiple hackers may seem like a problem, I will soon be making a list that will have every hacker submitted by world and be alphabetically listed in those worlds.
When reporting, remember to use these details:
* Reason for add: Hacking (The actual infraction name as given by Nexon: Hacking, Botting, Scamming, Harassment, Fake GM, or Advertising)
* Character world: Bera (Currently Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, Khaini, Bellocan, or Mardia. This should be self explanatory.)
* Level: 78
* Job: Dragon Knight
* Fame: 17 (Not really needed but some keep track of it anyway, you would be surprised how many hackers have 100+ fame)
* Guild: N/A (Somewhat useful for identifying problematic guilds or for guild masters checking to make sure their guild members are legit, if no guild is present simply put N/A)
Also posting one post per hacker will make it easier to update the hacker list and also increase your total post count. It is not necessary, but it will be appreciated.
This thread is merely a shell of what the main site will soon be able to do and will be for the temporal use of reporting hackers. I hope that even though there are not as many hackers, we will remain diligent at reporting hackers. I would like to thank Moofey again on remaking and improving some of the area's of the original guide. Soon MapleNoobs will be what it once was, a place that enforced the legitness of Maple and strikes fear into hackers.
Class: White Knight
Map: Orbis: Garden of Darkness II
In this image, you can clearly see the character hacking. He is Slash Blasting a group of Lucidas and only taking 1 damage. There is a huge pile of loot which indicates vaccing. Though that is circumstantial evidence. His Character Information Box is open showing all his information. And there is a note written to distinguish the L and I in his name. Also, the minimap is shows only I and the hacker are on the map; no one else could be controlling the mob, etc.
It seems we do not have spoiler tags that have show/hide buttons to hide images? If not, this topic may become very large. Might have to resort to just posting links to images. Please keep all originals of the images seeing as how image hosting sources can crash/delete/suspend your images etc.
Well, it has been suggested that each world have its own topic and then all subsequent hacker images for those worlds be placed into those topics. I made a poll to see what people think. I'll decide by... Sunday next week? Not sure what the disadvantages of such a method would be. It would help somewhat in organization, and searching. It might cause some clutter I guess since there needs to be 8? threads.