• 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma
    Level 10 Gunslinger In Waiting

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:20 AM

Ok so as you know there are mainstream animes like Bleach and Naruto and even the popular ones like Haruhi, Furits Basket and Chobbits. Well what about the lesser known one that need some recognition? Well thats why Im here! =D

In this topic I will share with you some of the best animes I have come across that really had an impact on me in hopes it will give you all the same impact too! ^-^

Ok to begin with, I would liek to say that each and every one of these series mostly are comedy/drama/romance animes. (thats liek the only kind i watch) xD

And all these animes can be watched at this site...

Crunchy Roll

Ok this is how its gonna work peeps! Ill post an anime, then under it will be tags of what it is, then under that I will put the shows description. Then under that I will put my comments about it! Easy peasy! Ok lets get started! =D

ef ~ a tale of memories ~
Romance
The story revolves around the protagonist Hirono Hiro, a poor high school boy who draws shoujo manga for his living. One cold Christmas night after meeting a very strange woman in church, his bike gets stolen by another strange girl. He runs after her and finds her collapsed on the street. Her name is Miyamura Miyako and her bag got stolen by a man on a motorbike. Soon after, they start hanging out together, enjoying highschool life and whatnot. Hiro's life is also strongly dictated by Shindou Kei, his childhood friend.
Smio's Comments:
This anime has to be first and get an honorable mention from me! First off was the art style in which the anime was made. It was awesome! And the story was such a deep one that it hit me hard! Watch it, you will not be sorry! =)

Aishiteruze Baby
Drama, Romance
Kippei Katakura was a high school playboy who would flirt with any girl he saw. But then his life was turned upside down when one day, his 5-year old cousin Yuzuyu shows up at his house, seemingly abandoned by her mother. And now, Kippei has been handed the task of taking care of Yuzuyu for the time being, and he must learn how to become the "mother" that Yuzuyu needs.
Smio's Comments:
Now this anime was such a heart warming one! Never had an anime made me cry so much from all the momments in it! If your into stuff that just makes your heart melt then I suggest you watch this wonderful anime!

Canvas 2: Rainbow Colored Sketch
Drama, Romance
Kamikura Hiroki was expected to become an artist until he was in high school, but he gave up painting by some reason. Now, he is a college student of Nadeshiko Academy, and studying to become a teacher. He also works as a substitute director of the art club of the same academyís high school division.

One day, his cousin, Hosen Elise, visits him. Her art talent was appreciated by the academy, and she received a scholarship. She lost her parents when she was a child, and she closed her mind. It was Hiroki who opened her mind, and also found her talent. She cares that he quit painting, and she wants him to paint again.

Meanwhile, Kikyo Kiri, Hirokiís childhood friend, is appointed a physical education teacher of the high school. Kiri confessed her love to Horoki when they were in high school, but he refused her. Then, they havenít met for a long time. At first, they cannot get along well with each other, but gradually, they began to remember their young loves that couldnít have succeeded. Seeing them, Elise realizes that she loves him very much.
Smio's Comments:
Now this Anime is a little on the lighter side of the romance genre! Its not as deep but was still a very enjoyable watch! The original Canvas 1 was actually a hentai.

Strawberry Panic
Drama, Romance, Yuri
Aoi Nagisa is a first year high school student who has been sent to the Astraea Dormitory after her parents are transfered abroad. The dormitory houses girls from three different girls schools: St. Spica's Academy, St. Le Rim Girl's School and St. Miatre Girls Academy. There she meets the representative of the three girls schools, Hanazano Shizuma, also know as the Etoile, she is beloved by all the students at all the schools. The two of them have an interesting first encounter and Hanazano seems to take a instant liking for Aoi.
Smio's Comments:
Ok so when people hear the word yuri they think "OMG GIRL ON GIRL HENTAI!"
Not true..
Yuri does mean girl x girl but not always in the hentai way.
This anime is a romance anime with an all girl cast. Theres not a single male shown here (not even in tha background walkign on the street)
At first i was hesitant cause i thought without a male, how could a romance drama be interesting. Well i was dead wrong! Since there was only females in this, it seemed to heighten the drama a bit cause everyone knows that girls are way more passionate then boys tongue.gif
So yea. For a real change of pace in your anime world, watch this!

School Days TV
Drama, Romance, Psychological
Makoto Ito rides the train to and from school every day. However, at the beginning of his second term, he falls in love with a beautiful girl that also rides the train. Unfortunately, she barely knows of his existence. Her name is Kotonoha Katsura, and though they attend the same school, they are not in the same class. In an attempt to catch her eye, Makoto enlists the aid of a close female friend of his: Sekai Saionji. She helps him, despite the fact that she--unbeknownst to Makoto--is in love with him. Thus the three are bound in a love triangle of life changing proportions.
This history tells a boy called Makoto Ito who in his first day of the secondary one is with a beautiful girl called Kotonoha Katsura who is in a class different from the one from Makoto by this he requests aid to him to a classmate called Sekai Saionji to manage to know Kotonoha, but Sekai hides a feeling very hard towards Makoto this causes a loving triangle.
Smio's Comments:
Ok....
This anime has to go into this list. I swear this anime sent me for a loop and beyond! The story line was a really messed up on which made me hate the main boy more and more with every episode but the ending... x_X
I guess thats what happens when i watch an anime with "Psychological" in the tags.
Anyways. For all you mind freaks out there, I highly suggest you watch this one.
(its been a week and the ending still sends chills down my back) =\

H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~
Comedy, Drama, Psychological, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Takuma Hirose, a blind young male high school student, though the cause for his blindness is undetermined. After his mother died an unexpected death, it left a deep emotional scar on him, which caused him to become very lonely and reserved. Due to this, Takuma and his father move from the city out into a rural area and Takuma is enrolled into a new high school. At his new school, he meets several new girls, though three of whom he gets to know the most out of anyone else. They are, the firm and obstinate Hayami Kohinata, the kind and obliging Hinata Kagura, and the cheerful and mysterious Otoha. As Takuma interacts with these girls, his medical condition gradually begins to heal.
Smio's Comments:
OK newest one the list! Just got through watchign this and migth I say,this was a very good anime! It had everything! It sends you on an emotional rollercoater! From being so pissed off at the begining, to laughing at alot of parts, to making you go o_O to some and making you cry liek a baby at others, and so on. I have to say watch this! Its really good! ^-^

Ok folks! Thats it for now! So far i've gone through 26 full series and 4 still on going series animes. These are the ones so far that i felt i had to share with everyone. But my anime love has not ended! Oh no. I am still searching long and hard for those few unknown animes that hit home! When that happens I will be sure to let you all know ok!

ps: for any questions/comments feel free to post up ok!

Ja, matta ne! (^o^)/

NOTE: ALWAYS watch the last episodes to the end! Lots of the story is revealed during the ending credits and also is known to finish up the series after the credits are through running.

Edited by smio, 28 March 2008 - 04:50 AM.

#2 Chikiiro

Chikiiro
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,605 posts

• Character Info:
    I QUITED!!!!

Nexon is a hoe

• Bera

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

Strawberry Panic!!!!! yeboii.

Im going to start watching that like.. SOONTIMES yo.
someone told me to watch it along time ago. and i forgotsssss.

it sounds awesome amazing.
I was reluctant too when i heard it was girl on girl. Because i thought the whole thing would be like madxcore, hardxcore, grindxcore hentai. So i was like well that isn't going to be very interesting.

But yah. (Y)

#3 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:36 AM

I treat anime as I treat everything: each case is a separate entity.
Kudos for writing this.

#4 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:08 AM

I've read Aishiteruze Baby, and loved it. School Days makes me feel depressed. God. So... Depressing.

Does the Aishiteruze Baby anime go into why Kokoro was so... withdrawn and depressed? Because the manga didn't touch on it all too much.

Edited by JoeTang, 23 March 2008 - 04:04 AM.

#5 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Chikiiro @ Mar 22 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strawberry Panic!!!!! yeboii.

Im going to start watching that like.. SOONTIMES yo.
someone told me to watch it along time ago. and i forgotsssss.

it sounds awesome amazing.
I was reluctant too when i heard it was girl on girl. Because i thought the whole thing would be like madxcore, hardxcore, grindxcore hentai. So i was like well that isn't going to be very interesting.

But yah. (Y)

Your gonna like it. Its not hentai-ish at all (only liek maybe soft core at a couple parts)
ITs a really good story too.

QUOTE (AgonyMan @ Mar 22 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I treat anime as I treat everything: each case is a separate entity.
Kudos for writing this.

Thanks Yegg! I suggest you watch school days TV.
Im not totally sure why but i think u migth liek it ^-^

QUOTE (JoeTang @ Mar 22 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've read Aishiteruze Baby, and loved it. School Days makes me feel depressed. God. So... Depressing.

Tha manga was said to be beter then the anime only cause the fact in the end it shows Yuzuru grown up.
But tha anime still is worth the watch =D

And school days...GAH! THAT ENDING X_X

#6 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (smio @ Mar 22 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tha manga was said to be beter then the anime only cause the fact in the end it shows Yuzuru grown up.
But tha anime still is worth the watch =D

And school days...GAH! THAT ENDING X_X

The ending for Aishiteruze Baby was "lyk omg wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif "

I've read some School Days, and I know the ending(s), so it's quite depressing. I've read about the... Graphic Novel is it called? Well. Depressing nonetheless.

#7 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:23 AM

Death Note, and Bleach FTW.

Although Bleach is becoming crap. They HAVE to speed up the violence.

#8 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (SoullessFire @ Mar 22 2008, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Death Note, and Bleach FTW.

Although Bleach is becoming crap. They HAVE to speed up the violence.

It has to be slower than the manga. And the manga just covered one hour in over 10 chapters, if I recall correctly. So you can expect that to be one long ass hour in the anime.

#9 TwilightHunter

TwilightHunter
  • Ruby Clan
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Name: Jenny<br />DOB: 8/5/1992<br />Residence: La la land<br />Music: Rock.<br />Movies: The Dark Knight<br />Loves: Drawing, animals, reading, art.<br />Loathes: most of man kind.. <br />Color: Black, Aqua

• Character Info:
    xariel5000x
    hunter
    level 32
    windia >8D

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:38 AM

i love anime and manga but
I never heard of any of those besides Strawyberry Panic but i dont watch it much tongue.gif

I like Death Note, Bleach and Sailor Moon <333

but we changed our dish to cable and
I dont know wat channel there on now TT^TT

#10 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:20 AM

Thats why I made this topic everyone!

Yes yes we all know "OMG BLEACH PWNS" and "DEATHNOTE FTW" dry.gif

This is for those not so known animes that need the recognition o_O

#11 TwilightHunter

TwilightHunter
  • Ruby Clan
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Name: Jenny<br />DOB: 8/5/1992<br />Residence: La la land<br />Music: Rock.<br />Movies: The Dark Knight<br />Loves: Drawing, animals, reading, art.<br />Loathes: most of man kind.. <br />Color: Black, Aqua

• Character Info:
    xariel5000x
    hunter
    level 32
    windia >8D

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

yeah i see your point, u know what channel on the TV i can watch it, my computer has no sound D:

Edited by TwilightHunter, 23 March 2008 - 05:27 AM.

#12 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (smio @ Mar 22 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And all these animes can be watched at this site...

Crunchy Roll

Just click that link to take you to free anime heaven! =D

Look for a member named Smio (thats me) and u can check my profile for all the other animes in my list =D

#13 TwilightHunter

TwilightHunter
  • Ruby Clan
  • 141 posts

• Character Info:
    xariel5000x
    hunter
    level 32
    windia >8D

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:37 AM

ohh ok thanks! biggrin.gif i will check it out X3

#14 Loose

Loose

• Graphics Leader
  • 4,139 posts
  • Interests:Your face!

• Character Info:
    Loose, 122 STR Shadower
    Steelno, 104 Marauder

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:56 AM

I only watch Dragonball and Ranma. The newer ones have pretty kick ass animations, like that Naruto one and One Pirate or whatever it's called (the one with Mr. Fantastic Jr.).

I'm kinda sad that they took away my Adult Swim and now they show some anime crap. : (

#15 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,146 posts

• Character Info:
    146 - LovingTouch (Priest)

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:48 PM

Escaflowne and Gundam Wing are the two originals I tribute to getting me into anime. First it was Escaflowne, but at the same time Gundam Wing came on....Escaflowne just happened to be the first aired during the day. tongue.gif

I know there is a Gundam series that is a bit well known out there (seed or such?) but Escaflowne deserves some praise too. <3

I have also come to love Scrapped Princess and Vampire Princess Miyu. I have been seeking more anime to watch so I will also look into your suggestions listed. =D

Watching Anime has me excited to learn Japanese. smile.gif

#16 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (smio @ Mar 22 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Yegg! I suggest you watch school days TV.
Im not totally sure why but i think u migth liek it ^-^

That is probably because of the "psychological" tag. I'll acquire it. Actually, I cannot presently.

Edited by AgonyMan, 23 March 2008 - 02:23 PM.

#17 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:03 PM

Escaflowne was... Alright. Gundam Wing was good.
My all-time favourite has to be Neon Genesis Evangelion though. Best. Anime. Ever.

EDIT: Forgot to add <3 Asuka <3

Edited by JoeTang, 23 March 2008 - 02:04 PM.

#18 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Haha, Joe, my friend loves that too.

I liked Gundam Seed a lot.

I prefer Gensomaden Saiyuki over a lot though. Best violence ever. I watched it when I was 6. Huh.

#19 Chikiiro

Chikiiro
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,605 posts

• Character Info:
    I QUITED!!!!

Nexon is a hoe

• Bera

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (smio @ Mar 23 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your gonna like it. Its not hentai-ish at all (only liek maybe soft core at a couple parts)
ITs a really good story too.

Im gonna watch it today (on cruncyroll) or just soontimes. (if i decide to DL it and put it on my ipod so i have something to do when im bored in class). =D

QUOTE (Loose @ Mar 23 2008, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only watch Dragonball and Ranma.

DRAGONBALL!!! I watched like everything to do with dragonball. dragonball Z dragonball GT etc. I loveddd it.

QUOTE (SoullessFire @ Mar 23 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked Gundam Seed a lot.
I prefer Gensomaden Saiyuki over a lot though. Best violence ever. I watched it when I was 6. Huh.

Gundam SEED was good. I didn't really like gundam SEED: Destiny though. That shin dude pissed me offff.
Ive never heard of Gensomaden Saiyuki! Does it have more violence then Elfen Lied?? If it does im going to watch that soontimes too!! yeye.

#20 smio

smio
  • Emerald Clan
  • 2,111 posts

• Character Info:
    OtakuApril
    Lv 18 X-bow Girl

DenkiAnma

• Windia

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Mar 23 2008, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watching Anime has me excited to learn Japanese. smile.gif

KITTY! YOU AND ME BOTH! XD

Im working on my japanese slowly, little at a time. ^-^

@Loose I remember Ranma 1/2 from the mangs from when I was younger. My brother used to have them so I would read them =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users