• 1,378 posts

• Character Info:
    Moofey - 8x Ranger (M)
    CherryVodka - 1x Rogue (M)
    Moofani - 1x Wild Hunter (F)
    (Quit)

• Bera

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

I have just finished setting up new ar|eas of the wiki to allow people to report a person who hacked the guild they were in. Do be advised that you still need a screenshot to do this:

If you were online when your guild got hacked and took a screenshot of the mess to follow, look at the start of all the quit messages and you should see another message saying that someone "joined your guild." The person listed there is most likely your hacker. Upload it as you would any other Maplenoobs screenshot (changing the filename from Maplexxxx.jpg to Hackersign.jpg in the process), then start a new page as you usually would, and use this template:

CODE
{{guildhacker
|image = (the filename of the image you just uploaded)
|guild = (the name of the affected guild)
|world = (the world that this occured on)
|status = (Active, or Off-Rank. Since this is recent it is unlikely that anyone not on the
rankings is banned.)
}}

All reports are automatically added to the "Hackers" and "Guildhackers" category, the latter of which is accessed via the "Apr. '08 Guild Crisis" link under "search by offense."

An example of how one of these pages would look can be found here.

In the near future, I plan on compiling a list of as many guilds that have been hacked as part of a "memorial", so to say. This is quite a devastating event for the gMS community, and I feel lucky to have not lost my guild in the process. (Although we did have to resort to kicking everyone to preserve it.)

#2 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,143 posts

• Character Info:
    146 - LovingTouch (Priest)

• Windia

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

This is a seriously good idea, Moofey. I am glad this is going to be done. I hope most of you whom got the guild hacked are able to have a screenshot.

I know most probably weren't on or got kicked before they had a chance to SS, but I will keep my fingers crossed. =)

#3 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

Wow Moof. Good job, and thanks. This reminds me of a war memorial.

#4 Ryuskka

Ryuskka
  • Emerald Clan
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Cute things xD

• Character Info:
    Ryuskka - 12x - F/P Mage
    USSArrr - 8x - Guy Hermit

• Bera

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

This is a really good idea and I agree with what Kevin said.

And the screenshot that was posted was from the one my mage was in too =(

#5 Erin

Erin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Kerry. Baseball. Penguins.

• Character Info:
    Isobel - Dragon Knight- 7x

• Scania

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

I wish I had a screenshot of my guild going down. However, I have no idea who in my guild set it off. :/

#6 madding

madding
  • 79 posts

• Character Info:
    Dink - Crusader - 80
    Kerry - Bowman - 30
    Unipine - Assassin - 31

• Scania

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Erin @ Apr 5 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I had a screenshot of my guild going down. However, I have no idea who in my guild set it off. :/

yeah, I just have screenshots of the "note" we each got to tell us that we were kicked. thanks a lot, Isobel! blink.gif

#7 Erin

Erin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 266 posts

• Character Info:

• Scania

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (madding @ Apr 5 2008, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, I just have screenshots of the "note" we each got to tell us that we were kicked. thanks a lot, Isobel! blink.gif

The screenshots don't say that I kicked you! No one will ever know. :/

Oh wait. Yes, they do. Blah. I "kicked" you out of the guild. How lame. Why'd the hacker have to put my name on it? I wonder if everyone is told that their guild leader kicked them out.

Edited by Erin, 05 April 2008 - 09:46 PM.

#8 Moofey

Moofey

Take that!

• Retired Admin
  • 1,378 posts

• Character Info:
    Moofey - 8x Ranger (M)
    (Quit)

• Bera

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

I would more prefer it to be the actual message with the hacker "joining" the guild. Someone who wasn't on while it happened and receieved the kicking note could be an actual discrepancy, and it would become easy for someone to frame a guild master/jr. master just because they got legitimately kicked from that guild.

For every guild that was hacked there was at least one person online in that guild, whether they all took screenshots is a different story.

#9 madding

madding
  • 79 posts

• Character Info:
    Dink - Crusader - 80
    Kerry - Bowman - 30
    Unipine - Assassin - 31

• Scania

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Moofey @ Apr 5 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would more prefer it to be the actual message with the hacker "joining" the guild. Someone who wasn't on while it happened and receieved the kicking note could be an actual discrepancy, and it would become easy for someone to frame a guild master/jr. master just because they got legitimately kicked from that guild.

For every guild that was hacked there was at least one person online in that guild, whether they all took screenshots is a different story.

that's what I assumed. but the only way to get that is to find out who was on when it happened (who it happened to, I guess.) no idea if we'll ever be able to figure that out.

so you're saying I can't submit a report for Isobel? heh.

#10 Moofey

Moofey

Take that!

• Retired Admin
  • 1,378 posts

• Character Info:
    Moofey - 8x Ranger (M)
    (Quit)

• Bera

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

If you only have the note saying that you got kicked, it wouldn't cut it.

Unless there's some other way to prove that the person who kicked was not a member of the guild when it happened, and I wouldn't know how to go about that.

As I said, if I just started allowing people to post notes saying that they were kicked, it would be prone to abuse.

#11 Erin

Erin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 266 posts

• Character Info:

• Scania

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (madding @ Apr 5 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's what I assumed. but the only way to get that is to find out who was on when it happened (who it happened to, I guess.) no idea if we'll ever be able to figure that out.

so you're saying I can't submit a report for Isobel? heh.

Excuuuuse me! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Moofey @ Apr 5 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you only have the note saying that you got kicked, it wouldn't cut it.

Unless there's some other way to prove that the person who kicked was not a member of the guild when it happened, and I wouldn't know how to go about that.

As I said, if I just started allowing people to post notes saying that they were kicked, it would be prone to abuse.

Madding is just being difficult about the whole "note" thing. Since I am "Isobel" and when he logged on, he got a note saying I booted him. So, of course, he screenshotted it. tongue.gif

#12 Moofey

Moofey

Take that!

• Retired Admin
  • 1,378 posts

• Character Info:
    Moofey - 8x Ranger (M)
    (Quit)

• Bera

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

Well excuse me for not getting the joke here! sad.gif

If you people haven't noticed I'm quite oblivious to those types of things. tongue.gif

#13 madding

madding
  • 79 posts

• Character Info:
    Dink - Crusader - 80
    Kerry - Bowman - 30
    Unipine - Assassin - 31

• Scania

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Moofey @ Apr 5 2008, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well excuse me for not getting the joke here! sad.gif

If you people haven't noticed I'm quite oblivious to those types of things. tongue.gif

that's okay. it's one of those things that is funny, but also... not so funny. since we now have no guild. gah!

#14 JoeTang

JoeTang
  • Diamond Clan
  • 3,290 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

• Character Info:
    JusticeEXE - 8x Outlaw

• Windia

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

At least one other person has to be online to have this occur to a Guild?
There is a possibility that that other person was me then, since I was afk a lot prior to this supposedly happening and I stand in the crowded CPQ area so I don't always see my Guild name, but I haven't logged on since Thursday, I believe, on my Cleric. I did meet another member earlier though. Earl or something.

We could probably attract more users with this new feature since this is a common and hot issue right now, and I bet many people will want to expose said criminals.

#15 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,143 posts

• Character Info:

• Windia

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:04 AM

Even I caught it Moofey. xD

Joe, yes at least one person but the targets were in the free market (channel one) so unless you were there I think you're safe. xD

Even guild leaders got told they kicked themselves, so it makes it impossible to know the exact person unless someone happened to be online *and not AFK which isn't too likely since they were in the FM/FM entrance being spammed thus hard to notice*) and catch it. The hacker though most likely booted everyone who was online first so I am sure some people didn't really think to screenshot prior to getting booted.

They were probably more like...wtf? I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ARSE JUST KICKED ME!

If they are like me though they might have SSed since I do just for about anything. xD

I am simply hoping that Nexon remakes the guilds to their original size and make past leaders...the leader - for any guilds disbanded that day.

Would fix most of the problem since most guildees would contact their leader to be readded.

#16 SoullessFire

SoullessFire
  • Ruby Clan
  • 7,663 posts

• Character Info:
    SoullessFire-Main Character, F/P Mage, lvl 102
    GatlingFlame-Mule, Page, lvl 49
    GatlingBlaze-Windian Huntertobe, lvl 13

• Bera

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:27 AM

Just when I thought Nexon got better...

#17 madding

madding
  • 79 posts

• Character Info:
    Dink - Crusader - 80
    Kerry - Bowman - 30
    Unipine - Assassin - 31

• Scania

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (JoeTang @ Apr 5 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least one other person has to be online to have this occur to a Guild?
There is a possibility that that other person was me then, since I was afk a lot prior to this supposedly happening and I stand in the crowded CPQ area so I don't always see my Guild name, but I haven't logged on since Thursday, I believe, on my Cleric. I did meet another member earlier though. Earl or something.

We could probably attract more users with this new feature since this is a common and hot issue right now, and I bet many people will want to expose said criminals.

according to the timestamps on the screenshots I have of the notes where Erin and I got kicked, it happened at 8:44 AM PDT on Friday 4/4.

Earle just started playing again apparently... he said something in the guild announcement about forgetting his login/pass. I was kinda actually thinking it might have been him, just because he started being active recently, but I don't know how to contact him outside of the game. maybe Erin does...

Attached File  Maple0109.jpg   109.56K   51 downloadsAttached File  Maple0110.jpg   118.73K   50 downloads

#18 Erin

Erin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 266 posts

• Character Info:

• Scania

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Apr 5 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even guild leaders got told they kicked themselves, so it makes it impossible to know the exact person unless someone happened to be online

My "note" said that another guild member kicked me. No idea how it decided to choose WHICH member kicked me, but it did.

#19 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,143 posts

• Character Info:

• Windia

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

Ah, then maybe it indeed goes by a random name and the guild leader who shared his story...just happened to have his name selected for his booting? This is odd.

#20 Erin

Erin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 266 posts

• Character Info:

• Scania

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

I know. It's really odd. The member that booted me hasn't played Maple in a long while. He used to be a Jr. Member, but I can't recall if I demoted him or not. (It's the second screenshot up there)

Edited by Erin, 06 April 2008 - 12:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users