#1 TheSmartGuy

TheSmartGuy
  • Ruby Clan
  • 77 posts

• Character Info:
    AznLuster11- Level 66 Assassin

• Broa

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'm not exactly sure about how to use this section, so I just made a thread. Yeah.

Coinspin of Broa scams! Don't trust him! Unfortunately, I don't actually have a screenshot of coinspin scamming (it's kind of hard to prove that a person scams with only a screenshot). If you want actual proof, make a character in Broa and track him. If he's logged on, find him and you'll probably see him playing a "drop game" or pulling off some other scam. It's relatively easy to find proof of his deeds; I've already caught him trying to scam someone twice.

If you do see him, fame him (he has -106 fame so defaming won't really do anything except make him look even more innocent)!

Edited by TheSmartGuy, 08 August 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#2 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,146 posts

• Character Info:
    146 - LovingTouch (Priest)

• Windia

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

How does negative fame make you look innocent?

My oh my GMS must really be downhill even moreso now if this is the case.

#3 AgonyMan

AgonyMan
  • Diamond Clan
  • 6,432 posts

• None

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

This would best belong in the MapleNoobs wiki, but as you lack evidence, it doesn't belong there. Perhaps you could get yourself waist-deep in one of his scams, take pictures, and post them.

#4 TheSmartGuy

TheSmartGuy
  • Ruby Clan
  • 77 posts

• Character Info:

• Broa

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Aug 8 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does negative fame make you look innocent?

My oh my GMS must really be downhill even moreso now if this is the case.

Most scammers and hackers have between 0 to -20 fame. That's because when you hack/scam, you don't want a lot of people to see you do it. And if not a lot of people see you hack/scam, not a lot of people will defame you. Therefore, if you have -106 fame like in coinspin, most people will simply assume that you buy defames or something.

Edited by TheSmartGuy, 08 August 2008 - 09:06 PM.

#5 Sparke

Sparke
  • Diamond Clan
  • 2,506 posts

• Character Info:
    LEVEL [9000442 x 10^903990] Jesus

Oh yeah, I play to much.

You didn't even KNOW there was a Jesus class, did'ja?

• None

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:44 PM

lolbroa

What scams does he do? Just drop games? (If there is more in there, sorry. I don't have time to analyze the whole thing.)

Edited by TheSparke, 08 August 2008 - 11:45 PM.

#6 Maya

Maya
  • Emerald Clan
  • 1,592 posts
  • Interests:Mai waifu

• None

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:21 AM

I don't get why 3rd jobs have to scam, since most likely, people who play drop games are level 30 and below. I don't understand some people. o_o

#7 TheSmartGuy

TheSmartGuy
  • Ruby Clan
  • 77 posts

• Character Info:

• Broa

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (TheSparke @ Aug 8 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lolbroa

What scams does he do? Just drop games? (If there is more in there, sorry. I don't have time to analyze the whole thing.)

So far I've seen him do drop games and using the store scam. If you don't know what the store scam is, here's an excerpt from my scamming prevention guide written by Maya on it:

"You see a smega saying that there's a ton of great items for 300 meso each at a guy's store. You CC and go to the FM and see a crowd of people trying to get in one store. The store says to keep clicking and pressing enter on the shop, and you really want to get in so you do what it says. It's full, so you wait and wait. Eventually, you get in, you saw the box pop up and you pressed enter so you've bought something. You get out of the shop and find 20 mill mesos gone and a wooden wand in your inventory. You've been had" o-o"

Edited by TheSmartGuy, 09 August 2008 - 12:30 AM.

#8 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,146 posts

• Character Info:

• Windia

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:47 PM

I have never thought someone with negative fame (no matter the number) is innocent.

Even the people buying negative fame are usually doing it to cover something due to a similar belief of what you just stated.

What better way to hide, non? xD I do see your reasoning though. =)

#9 Sparke

Sparke
  • Diamond Clan
  • 2,506 posts

• Character Info:
    LEVEL [9000442 x 10^903990] Jesus

Oh yeah, I play to much.

You didn't even KNOW there was a Jesus class, did'ja?

• None

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (TheSmartGuy @ Aug 9 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far I've seen him do drop games and using the store scam. If you don't know what the store scam is, here's an excerpt from my scamming prevention guide written by Maya on it:

"You see a smega saying that there's a ton of great items for 300 meso each at a guy's store. You CC and go to the FM and see a crowd of people trying to get in one store. The store says to keep clicking and pressing enter on the shop, and you really want to get in so you do what it says. It's full, so you wait and wait. Eventually, you get in, you saw the box pop up and you pressed enter so you've bought something. You get out of the shop and find 20 mill mesos gone and a wooden wand in your inventory. You've been had" o-o"

Anyone stupid enough to do the 'store scam' is..Well, stupid. If someone got in, why wouldn't they just buy out the store?

#10 TheSmartGuy

TheSmartGuy
  • Ruby Clan
  • 77 posts

• Character Info:

• Broa

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (TheSparke @ Aug 9 2008, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone stupid enough to do the 'store scam' is..Well, stupid. If someone got in, why wouldn't they just buy out the store?

I don't think you get it. The scammer is frequently opening and closing new stores with one or two cheap items per store so people are frantically trying to get into his store and buying whatever stuff they can. And then suddenly he puts in a highly overpriced item. Since most people aren't even bothering to look at the price someone will probably by the overpriced item.

Edited by TheSmartGuy, 09 August 2008 - 06:26 PM.

#11 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,146 posts

• Character Info:

• Windia

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

Someone who earned 20m on the game should be smart enough not to do that.

If they are still too ignorant and actually think it's legit...especially with such a title, then they had it coming.

I have no pity for the stupid. ;(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users