Pendellin - 111 CB
    foolrader - soon to be Bishop
    ZpykeEboto - 37 Page

Bellocan:
    NeonStrings - Page
    ManiacPercy - Dual Blade

• Bellocan

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

I wanted to do a price check topic, but I had items from all categories, so... I'll ask here, and hope it gets moved to the right place.
It's been awhile since I've been in the Mapling scene, so I'm out of the loop on what things are worth.

I've been getting items with hidden potential on items, and was wondering how I can best tell what they're worth. I know having 3 lines is better, as well as percentile for stats or attack, but do things that have +2 to a stat or other useless potential lines still sell (In regards to people looking to cube them.)?

I play in Bellocan now, so if any Bellocan players know any tips for pricing my junk, let me know. I'll post my stuff if need be, but I'm looking more for a general way to find out the worth of my items without making several threads each time.

#2 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    Serefino- Level 113 Ranger <-- Active, Bowmaster to be
    Masamunee- Level 92 White Knight <-- Inactive, Paladin to be
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:56 PM

They'll sell since cubed stats can always be reset, but it just won't be as much (of course, it also depends on the item you're trying to sell; a potentialed level 100 item would obviously sell for far more than a potentialed level 70 item).

#3 Zpyke

Zpyke
  • 5 posts

• Character Info:
    Scania:
    Pendellin - 111 CB
    ZpykeEboto - 37 Page

Bellocan:
    NeonStrings - Page
    ManiacPercy - Dual Blade

• Bellocan

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (Masamune @ Jan 12 2011, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They'll sell since cubed stats can always be reset, but it just won't be as much (of course, it also depends on the item you're trying to sell; a potentialed level 100 item would obviously sell for far more than a potentialed level 70 item).

Would low level items around 20 or so sell? I know earrings are worth more because they're classless and level really doesn't matter for those, but what about the rest?

And to cover all ground... what about novelty items like the red whip and umbrellas? Are they still worth something, or worth nothing post-Big Bang?

#4 Kitten

Kitten
  • Ruby Clan
  • 6,146 posts

• Character Info:
    146 - LovingTouch (Priest)

• Windia

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

I was wondering about this too, especially if I should bother on even checking the potential of the lower level items.

Around what level do they become worth it?

I'm new back to MS too, Zpyke smile.gif

Edited by Kitten, 13 January 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#5 Zpyke

Zpyke
  • 5 posts

• Character Info:
    Scania:
    Pendellin - 111 CB
    ZpykeEboto - 37 Page

Bellocan:
    NeonStrings - Page
    ManiacPercy - Dual Blade

• Bellocan

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Jan 13 2011, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering about this too, especially if I should bother on even checking the potential of the lower level items.

Around what level do they become worth it?

I'm new back to MS too, Zpyke smile.gif

Well, I don't know if I'm much help, but I'm going to sell things in mts to get myself a store first. That will help with selling things, rather than just shouting in the FM entrance. Depending on what you have to sell, it could help.

Scrolls I can sort of guess on. But is there any good way of selling potential items in the MTS? Or is just "throw it out and hope to catch something?"

#6 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:
    SnipeCaptain- Level 1 Beginner <-- Gunslinger to be (don't hassle be about the name; I was tired)

• Windia

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

Again, really depends on the item. Here's generally the rule about potential items and levels: The lower the level of the item, the less benefits you'll be receiving from a stat.

For example:
Let's take my BWG, which has a good amount of attack on it. I use the Magnifying Glass on it and it yields 3 lines and 2 of those lines has +1% to all stats. That's obviously going to be worth a lot because it's a BWG that's been decently scrolled and can be used by all levels and classes.

However, a clean level 110 warrior glove, for instance, has been potentialed and yields 6% to all stats, 9% strength and 6% strength (yes, you can get more than one for a stat on a single item). Although it's strictly for warriors, it's worth the same or more (depending on server) because at the level at which you can equip it (let's say 100), you'd have roughly over 600 strength base, not to mention you'd have more from equips. And 21% of 600 is 126 additional strength. Not only that; the item is going to become more and more useful as you add more AP onto your stats.

Long story short, low leveled items are really not going to yield anything worth it most of the time; your luck and money are better invested in cubing higher leveled items in my opinion. By higher leveled, I mean like... 80+.

As for novelty items, their prices have fallen drastically. The only novelty items which are worth anything are chairs and Flaming Katanas.

And one more thing... I don't think you can sell potentialed items via MTS. I went into the MTS and couldn't put my potentialed Dark Raven up.

#7 Lugin

Lugin
  • Ruby Clan
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Reading

• Character Info:
    LSuhalla - Level 155 Paladin

• Windia

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Masamune @ Jan 13 2011, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And one more thing... I don't think you can sell potentialed items via MTS. I went into the MTS and couldn't put my potentialed Dark Raven up.

This is correct, and also applies to Enhanced equipment.

#8 Zpyke

Zpyke
  • 5 posts

• Character Info:
    Scania:
    Pendellin - 111 CB
    ZpykeEboto - 37 Page

Bellocan:
    NeonStrings - Page
    ManiacPercy - Dual Blade

• Bellocan

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Masamune @ Jan 13 2011, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, really depends on the item. Here's generally the rule about potential items and levels: The lower the level of the item, the less benefits you'll be receiving from a stat.

For example:
Let's take my BWG, which has a good amount of attack on it. I use the Magnifying Glass on it and it yields 3 lines and 2 of those lines has +1% to all stats. That's obviously going to be worth a lot because it's a BWG that's been decently scrolled and can be used by all levels and classes.

However, a clean level 110 warrior glove, for instance, has been potentialed and yields 6% to all stats, 9% strength and 6% strength (yes, you can get more than one for a stat on a single item). Although it's strictly for warriors, it's worth the same or more (depending on server) because at the level at which you can equip it (let's say 100), you'd have roughly over 600 strength base, not to mention you'd have more from equips. And 21% of 600 is 126 additional strength. Not only that; the item is going to become more and more useful as you add more AP onto your stats.

Long story short, low leveled items are really not going to yield anything worth it most of the time; your luck and money are better invested in cubing higher leveled items in my opinion. By higher leveled, I mean like... 80+.

As for novelty items, their prices have fallen drastically. The only novelty items which are worth anything are chairs and Flaming Katanas.

I understand that much. But then, can't you say the same for a level 10 glove? It may not have the possibility for 21%, but it would make a cheap alternative, right? Like a level 50 pirate's knuckle with 2% extra attack or a bow with 2% dex, etc. Those are worth selling, yes?

But I can understand that if it doesn't have 3 lines, it's probably worthless if low level, right? Or do people not bother using cubes on low level stuff at all?

#9 Masamune

Masamune
  • Diamond Clan
  • 1,794 posts

• Character Info:

• Windia

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

It would make for an extremely cheap alternative, yes. But the market for it would be sort of limited, since people nowadays can go through those levels in a matter of hours without any real effort. Most people I know use clean items until they hit 70+ because it's possible to achieve in a few days, even for the casual grinder.
I've seen a few people use cubes on level 10 items but these people have like... 10 billion+ to throw away since cubes in meso price is 15-20 mil depending on the server.

#10 Zpyke

Zpyke
  • 5 posts

• Character Info:
    Scania:
    Pendellin - 111 CB
    ZpykeEboto - 37 Page

Bellocan:
    NeonStrings - Page
    ManiacPercy - Dual Blade

• Bellocan

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Masamune @ Jan 14 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would make for an extremely cheap alternative, yes. But the market for it would be sort of limited, since people nowadays can go through those levels in a matter of hours without any real effort. Most people I know use clean items until they hit 70+ because it's possible to achieve in a few days, even for the casual grinder.
I've seen a few people use cubes on level 10 items but these people have like... 10 billion+ to throw away since cubes in meso price is 15-20 mil depending on the server.

I had figured as much. Thanks again for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users